does this sound like early pregnancy??
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Life Beyond Horses > Parenting

does this sound like early pregnancy??

This is a discussion on does this sound like early pregnancy?? within the Parenting forums, part of the Life Beyond Horses category

    Like Tree11Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        05-28-2014, 02:53 PM
      #1
    Weanling
    does this sound like early pregnancy??

    *not sure if this is TMI and might belong better in the saloon, so mods please don't hesitate to move this if needed!*

    I've done a couple google searches, but I'm finding so many different answers, or not accurate answers, and I'm not really into trusting google for something like this. I will be going to my doctor at some point - though he takes about 2 weeks to book an appointment with, so in the mean time a couple questions.

    I am on the pill (tri-cyclen lo) and have been on it for ~9 months. I take the 21 day version, but take it all the way through my period so I don't get a period at all anymore per my doctors orders. Long story I won't really go into other than I would get downright awful cramps and nothing worked to prevent them or ease them in any way so my doctor suggested taking the pill right through at least for the next while.

    I missed a pill maybe 1.5 weeks ago, give or take. Per instructions I doubled up pills the following morning when I remembered. Boyfriend and I have sex generally every day, we do not use any prevention other than BC + pull out. So, I don't remember exactly which day this happened, but somewhere between 1-3 days after I forgot my pill and doubled up, we had a "whoops" and boyfriend failed to pull out. First and only time that has happened. I thought nothing of that and we thought "well I'm on BC so NBD". About 4 days ago now I had some odd cramps off and on all day and night, and into the next morning. They felt like period cramps. I took some tylenol around 3:30 the first day and went to boyfriends soccer game, after the came the cramps came back so they only left for maybe 2 hours. So cramps lasted maybe 24 hours total from one afternoon to the next. 2 days later (day before yesterday) I had some spotting. It wasn't a lot at all. Yesterday I had more spotting, again not a lot but I did use a tampon since I was going out and "just in case". It only lasted a few hours and haven't had spotting again since last night.

    Does that sound like implantation cramps/spotting? Or is implantation bleeding more like an actual period rather than cramps? Missing a pill and doubling up, then having an oops a couple days later ...could I actually be pregnant? I will be taking a test but I'd really like to wait until I can see my doctor, unless I start feeling nauseous or something then I'll go ahead and take a test sooner than my doctors.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        05-28-2014, 03:00 PM
      #2
    Weanling
    If you are having sex, there is a chance you could get pregnant. Period.

    Get a test, talk to your doctor. If you can't get in to see your doc- do you have a planned parenthood near you? Go there and get tested. It's free.

    The sooner you find out, the sooner you can make a plan. Whatever that might be.
         
        05-28-2014, 03:03 PM
      #3
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Strawberry4Me    
    If you are having sex, there is a chance you could get pregnant. Period.

    Get a test, talk to your doctor. If you can't get in to see your doc- do you have a planned parenthood near you? Go there and get tested. It's free.

    The sooner you find out, the sooner you can make a plan. Whatever that might be.

    I definitely realize there's always a chance. =) More so curious if that sounds like implantation bleeding/cramps, and does missing a pill but not having that oops until a few days later still indicate a greater chance.

    We don't have a planned parenthood, my only option is buy a test (which I would rather do at my doctors), or actually go to the doctors. I have an appointment in just under 2 weeks from today.

    We would most definitely be keeping baby as we are planning to have children with each other at some point. We were not planning for it now, but would still be happy if it turns out we are expecting. =)
         
        05-28-2014, 03:19 PM
      #4
    Weanling
    Well, I guess you know what you're going to do! Wait 2 weeks...

    I don't have a clue about implantation bleeding. I have been pregnant a couple of times, and none of that happened to me.... It's different for everyone.
    beverleyy likes this.
         
        05-28-2014, 03:27 PM
      #5
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Strawberry4Me    
    Well, I guess you know what you're going to do! Wait 2 weeks...

    I don't have a clue about implantation bleeding. I have been pregnant a couple of times, and none of that happened to me.... It's different for everyone.
    I've heard something like only 1/3 women experience it, and some don't even know they are experiencing it. I don't know how accurate that is though.

    I'm also not sure how long after conceiving you can take a test and have a positive result? I think I have heard anytime after your expected period date, but I am on the pill and before I was on it my periods were never regular at all.
         
        05-28-2014, 03:28 PM
      #6
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by beverleyy    
    I've heard something like only 1/3 women experience it, and some don't even know they are experiencing it. I don't know how accurate that is though.

    I'm also not sure how long after conceiving you can take a test and have a positive result?
    Two weeks, that's why she said wait two and test lol.
    Strawberry4Me likes this.
         
        05-28-2014, 03:39 PM
      #7
    Yearling
    My roommate just had a preg scare. She asked her doctor, and the doc said the store bought pregnancy tests (obviously not the $5 ones, but many of them) are VERY similar to, if not the same, as the pee tests they use themselves. Typically if they get a positive on a pee test they'll also do a blood test, because those can't give false positives. So, if you're dying to now or if you want to start to plan beforehand, a store bought test will be pretty accurate in that respect.

    Of course ALL pee tests can and do sometimes give false answers, but it's not common. Were it me I'd really want to know ASAP, I don't think I could wait!
         
        05-28-2014, 03:47 PM
      #8
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shoebox    
    My roommate just had a preg scare. She asked her doctor, and the doc said the store bought pregnancy tests (obviously not the $5 ones, but many of them) are VERY similar to, if not the same, as the pee tests they use themselves. Typically if they get a positive on a pee test they'll also do a blood test, because those can't give false positives. So, if you're dying to now or if you want to start to plan beforehand, a store bought test will be pretty accurate in that respect.

    Of course ALL pee tests can and do sometimes give false answers, but it's not common. Were it me I'd really want to know ASAP, I don't think I could wait!
    Haha I definitely want to know ASAP! I guess either way it'll be ~2 weeks before I take a test, either from the store or my doctors.

    I've also heard so many different things regarding the store bought tests. I've also heard that dollar store tests are just as good, but I remember a few months back my boyfriend and I in the dollar store and saying how we would never touch those things with a 10 foot pole, lol.
         
        05-28-2014, 03:48 PM
      #9
    Weanling
    Has anyone else here experienced the implantation cramps or bleeding?
         
        05-28-2014, 03:55 PM
      #10
    Yearling
    Even the early detection ones are recommended to test at around two weeks, for the most accurate results you're supposed to test when your period is supposed to happen. At that point you will have been pregnant for around two weeks. You ovulate in the middle of your cycle, approximately two weeks after your last period and two weeks before your next one. Obviously each woman varies a little so that is an average.
    beverleyy likes this.
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Early Pregnancy Symtoms??? karliejaye Parenting 15 06-02-2014 04:57 PM
    How early is too early-Parelli Blazeeofglory Natural Horsemanship 20 07-27-2013 03:51 AM
    OK-how sound does he look to you? franknbeans Horse Health 9 05-01-2012 04:00 PM
    False Pregnancy or late term Pregnancy.. Vet not an option sara0000 Horse Breeding 45 03-17-2012 01:19 PM
    Does this sound ok? free_sprtd Horse Health 12 05-21-2008 05:15 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:49 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0