Pregnant? How long can I ride??
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Life Beyond Horses > Parenting

Pregnant? How long can I ride??

This is a discussion on Pregnant? How long can I ride?? within the Parenting forums, part of the Life Beyond Horses category
  • Can i ride a pregnant horses
  • Can i ride horse while pregnant

Like Tree8Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    01-07-2013, 02:02 AM
  #1
Yearling
Pregnant? How long can I ride??

Most of you have seen my thread on bridle horses. I make a living training and cowboying. I may know some about bridle horses, but I know very little about parenting, lol. Im pregnant, due in April. When should I give up the job for my and my baby's safety?? Any input is appreciated. Thanks!! :)
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    01-07-2013, 02:06 AM
  #2
Banned
Hmmmm well I had a friend ride down in the NRHA Futurity this October, she is due early February!
It depends on your comfort level really. I've heard that the babies like the motion of riding.....ever wonder why babies wake you up in the middle of the night kicking you in the ribs....it's because you're still and they wake up! But the constant motion of walking or riding seems to lull them to sleep in the womb

If you start feeling unsettled or off balance in the saddle it might be time to take a break until baby arrives
     
    01-07-2013, 02:13 AM
  #3
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppetgirl    
Hmmmm well I had a friend ride down in the NRHA Futurity this October, she is due early February!
It depends on your comfort level really. I've heard that the babies like the motion of riding.....ever wonder why babies wake you up in the middle of the night kicking you in the ribs....it's because you're still and they wake up! But the constant motion of walking or riding seems to lull them to sleep in the womb

If you start feeling unsettled or off balance in the saddle it might be time to take a break until baby arrives
Thanks! Yeah I've figured out the whole drilling me in the ribs in the middle of the night scenario, lol. But I've always kinda felt off balance since I found out, maybe it's just being worried about safety now, I used to never care when I was just thinking for myself.
     
    01-07-2013, 02:17 AM
  #4
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanstrom Horses    
Thanks! Yeah I've figured out the whole drilling me in the ribs in the middle of the night scenario, lol. But I've always kinda felt off balance since I found out, maybe it's just being worried about safety now, I used to never care when I was just thinking for myself.
Yup! It's mind over matter for sure! It's natural to feel 'not quite right'.....I used to not like putting the seatbelt on (I did though!) because I kept thinking that if I had a car accident the seat belt would hurt the baby! LOL!
     
    01-07-2013, 02:20 AM
  #5
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppetgirl    
Yup! It's mind over matter for sure! It's natural to feel 'not quite right'.....I used to not like putting the seatbelt on (I did though!) because I kept thinking that if I had a car accident the seat belt would hurt the baby! LOL!
Haha I know, same here. And then I sit in the car and hold it away from my belly lol!
Muppetgirl likes this.
     
    01-07-2013, 09:06 AM
  #6
Green Broke
It's really something to discuss with your physician and then decide for yourself based on your personal comfort level. There are some who give it up right from the get go and some that are in the saddle to the bitter end.
Wanstrom Horses likes this.
     
    01-07-2013, 12:15 PM
  #7
Started
My doctor told me I could ride as long as I was 100% sure I wasn't going to fall off.

Since nothing is a guarantee with horses, I didn't ride.
Posted via Mobile Device
     
    01-07-2013, 12:26 PM
  #8
Yearling
Yeah, I'm trying to just stick with my really really gentle horses. But when I quit riding that cuts our income in half. Doctor said I could ride, but my balance is kind of off, so I'm still debating on when I should quit. I have a friend that was cowboying until she was 8 months along. It's hard when riding is our source of income.
     
    01-07-2013, 01:07 PM
  #9
Weanling
My mom rode with me till she was 8 months pregnant. Just depends on how comfortable you are I supose!
demonwolfmoon likes this.
     
    01-07-2013, 01:10 PM
  #10
Yearling
I rode all through my pregnancy. I didn't do any cowboying, but I would hop on bareback for a liesurly stroll around the block. I would talk to your doctor first, then make a decision.
Posted via Mobile Device
     

Quick Reply
Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How long til I can ride? =( MacabreMikolaj Rider Wellness 11 03-07-2012 05:07 PM
Anyone Else Ride While Pregnant? hennisntacanibal Rider Wellness 27 12-19-2011 08:01 PM
Can you ride when you're pregnant? Fizz Horse Riding 18 06-06-2011 03:43 PM
How long can a pregnant shetland be ridden before birth? auntykatherine Horse Riding 3 12-27-2010 12:35 AM
can a small child still ride a pregnant pony boonesar Horse Breeding 4 12-05-2007 01:40 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0