Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: An English Girl living in beautiful Alberta, Canada
• Horses: 0
I can't say what's right for YOU to do, but I can share my story.
When I became pregnant that was the catalyst to make my decision to sell my then mare AND search for and buy a horse better suited to me. But in that case I hadn't ever properly bonded with my mare - it was a decision that needed to be made anyway.
When I was buying my gelding he was out on loan when I met him and I didn't actually meet the owner until we exchanged money and papers. I had failed to mention my pregnancy over the phone as I was worried that he wouldn't sell his horse to a pregnant lady!
So - that is the third option - sell AND buy now.
My brother asked me why I was buying while pregnant "surely it would be easier to wait?". I explained that I knew that if I waited till I'd had the baby, and got though tiny baby-hood.......then in reality it might be years before I actually got back into horses.
For me, THAT was the right decision to make.
Get up, get going, seize the day. Enjoy the sunshine, the rain, cloudy days, snowstorms, and thunder. Getting on your horse is always worth the effort.