Question for the Parents
   

       The Horse Forum > Life Beyond Horses > Parenting

Question for the Parents

This is a discussion on Question for the Parents within the Parenting forums, part of the Life Beyond Horses category
  • Content

Like Tree9Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    01-17-2014, 12:00 PM
  #1
Foal
Question Question for the Parents

I was wondering, what are some ways you would like your children to show you that he/she loves you, and cares about you?
What are some ways that they could express that(little notes, sharing house load,ect...ect) to you do you think that would be special to you?
That way, I know the "parents" point of view!
Do little notes mean a lot to y'all?

Thanks,
~Ivy~
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    01-17-2014, 01:03 PM
  #2
Started
Every child is different

For my son (8yo) I know that he loves me because...

- he slips his hand into mine when we are talking about something that is close to my heart, and he appreciates me being interested too

- when he spontaneously offers to share his chocolate with me

- when he apologises without sulkiness if I tell him that he has hurt my feelings

- when he gives me a hug at bed time

- because he can be sitting in a chair, reading a book while I am cooking, and he says 'Mummy I love you more than there are stars in the sky'

I would never expect a little note from him because he doesn't like writing. I would know that he'd done it because someone made him - not because he wanted to.
     
    01-17-2014, 05:07 PM
  #3
Foal
I can't even begin to list the little things my 8yr old son does to show his love. He is not a writer and not all that big into crafts. But he does little things like making sure he is in the house when I go to work to say goodnight. A random hug at anytime. Or even when I have a few errands to run he will just put on his coat and say he wants to come with me. I don't expect him to do theses things he just does it.
ErinaStars likes this.
     
    01-17-2014, 05:18 PM
  #4
Super Moderator
I don't think I've ever needed evidence that my children loved me - its just something a parent knows is there. There are times when they've been a real PITA but that doesn't mean the love has gone from the relationship
Real love makes no demands
Shropshirerosie and amberly like this.
     
    01-17-2014, 06:06 PM
  #5
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee    
I don't think I've ever needed evidence that my children loved me - its just something a parent knows is there. There are times when they've been a real PITA but that doesn't mean the love has gone from the relationship
Real love makes no demands
I guess what I really asking was how they do that(show their love)

~Ivy~
     
    01-17-2014, 06:12 PM
  #6
Weanling
It's very subtle. I have an 11 year old girl. Sometimes, she'll just decide to squeeze into the chair next to me and lean against my shoulder. Sometimes, she just grabs my hand when we are walking. Other times it's a quick hug or kiss given to me randomly. Most of the time I just see it in her eyes, her smile, or hear it in her voice when she talks to me.

Love is intangible, somehow your heart just knows it's there.
Posted via Mobile Device
FlyGap and ErinaStars like this.
     
    01-17-2014, 06:22 PM
  #7
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shropshirerosie    
Every child is different

For my son (8yo) I know that he loves me because...

- he slips his hand into mine when we are talking about something that is close to my heart, and he appreciates me being interested too

- when he spontaneously offers to share his chocolate with me

- when he apologises without sulkiness if I tell him that he has hurt my feelings

- when he gives me a hug at bed time

- because he can be sitting in a chair, reading a book while I am cooking, and he says 'Mummy I love you more than there are stars in the sky'

I would never expect a little note from him because he doesn't like writing. I would know that he'd done it because someone made him - not because he wanted to.
@Shropshirerosie

Awww! He sounds sooooo sweet! I like the part about him offering his chocolate!*laugh*

Babys are so cute like that, their little sacrifices that mean so much to them at the time.=)
I still remember when I was little doing small things like that! It seemed to me like a HUGH sacrifice when I asked my Ma, or Pa if they wanted my candy or something else of great value to me at the time.

Its always amusing, (I mean little children) when they say something, and it is SO hilarious!

A friend of mine has a very bright little sister, she calls her "Secretary Chara"
On the way up to bed Chara was doing her regular routine of clambering up the stairs on all fours saying "up, up, up! Usually at some point on the way up to bed, either at the top of the stairs or on her way into her room, she realizes she's on her way to bed, and either tries to distract with suggesting something else to do like "Tinkle, potty?" or will have a bit of a tantrum.
This time when she got to the top, she very purposefully and business-like walked straight into the office and asked "Did we get and emails?"
Lol!
     
    01-18-2014, 11:00 AM
  #8
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinaStars    
I guess what I really asking was how they do that(show their love)

~Ivy~
Any child can take your hand for reassurance or affection - its not the same as parent child love
Material things don't prove love
     
    01-18-2014, 11:51 AM
  #9
Trained
Are you asking for new ways to show your parents that you love them?

Every child is different. I showed my parents through physical affection, but mostly by
Doing lots of chores, especially extra ones to make their lives easier.

My DD isn't that way...
She shows it through physical, and verbal. Lots and lots of I love you's, hugs and kisses.
She also draws us in her homework projects and talks about us sweetly at school and to family.
(Everyone knows she's loved!)

Whatever a child does "extra" of, shows their love. If it's notes and letters or chores or just extra hugs it's appreciated! The best thing I can think of is respecting the rules and behaving correctly. Everyone makes mistakes, but the less grief they give us the more we know we're doing a decent job!
     
    01-18-2014, 05:07 PM
  #10
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee    
Any child can take your hand for reassurance or affection - its not the same as parent child love
Material things don't prove loveI fully and totally agree with you jaydee!

In BOLD^^^^
Thanks.
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Question to Parents of Equestrians oliveoats Parenting 25 08-28-2013 04:25 AM
PEACEFUL debate/response, anyone? Homosexual parents, heterosexual parents TerciopeladoCaballo General Off Topic Discussion 53 02-24-2013 09:17 PM
:( A long question about parents not spending on horseriding? princess7m2 Horse Talk 29 01-28-2013 07:00 PM
pics of Chex's parents, POA question? Starryeyed Horse Breeding 2 05-25-2009 05:15 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0