Are your kids into horses? - Page 5 - The Horse Forum

 32Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 51 Old 01-26-2013, 11:13 AM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 1,171
• Horses: 5
I never expected my son to really be into horses, but after 5 months of lessons, he is hooked! The only problem is I ride western & he's doing english. I have to learn everything right along with him. The horse he is currently ridding is a paint/thoroughbred that is 16.2 hands. He started learning his two point position last week. I'm terrified of him jumping, bet he can't wait to do it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Spike.jpg (30.2 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg spike2.jpg (22.7 KB, 63 views)

Cowgirl up!
littrella is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 51 Old 01-26-2013, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
Trained
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sundre, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 6,285
• Horses: 0
^^^^ He looks like he has got pretty good form on the big guy. That is awesome to see him up there witha big smile on his face
FGRanch is offline  
post #43 of 51 Old 01-27-2013, 11:06 AM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 1,171
• Horses: 5
Thank You, FG. He makes me a very proud momma :)

Cowgirl up!
littrella is offline  
post #44 of 51 Old 01-27-2013, 11:22 AM
Showing
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 11,869
• Horses: 0
He looks great up there litrella!

I think that DD has been listening and watching more than I thought. She helped bring horses in last night and was leading Stubby in and he got a bit jiggy (in place, he's knows he dare not get ahead lol) and she gets all huffy and turns into him and backs him up efficiently while saying "Now listen here old man, I'm the boss, slow your roll."
littrella, nvr2many and Maple like this.

Life is like a camera. Focus on what's important, Capture the good times, Develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, Take another shot.
MHFoundation Quarters is offline  
post #45 of 51 Old 01-27-2013, 11:26 AM Thread Starter
Trained
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sundre, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 6,285
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MHFoundation Quarters View Post
He looks great up there litrella!

I think that DD has been listening and watching more than I thought. She helped bring horses in last night and was leading Stubby in and he got a bit jiggy (in place, he's knows he dare not get ahead lol) and she gets all huffy and turns into him and backs him up efficiently while saying "Now listen here old man, I'm the boss, slow your roll."

Hahaha too cute, that is adorable, I gots to say.
FGRanch is offline  
post #46 of 51 Old 01-27-2013, 11:31 AM
Showing
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 11,869
• Horses: 0
She's rotten. Don't know where she gets it....
nvr2many likes this.

Life is like a camera. Focus on what's important, Capture the good times, Develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, Take another shot.
MHFoundation Quarters is offline  
post #47 of 51 Old 01-27-2013, 03:00 PM
Started
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,957
• Horses: 0
My little world came crumbling down today :(

We sold Simba as were planning to move abroad in a few months. Paperwork processing times are about 3x longer than what the embassy had initally told me.. meaning we wont be going anywhere until quite possibly next spring.

Anyway, I've spotted a gorgeous little bay mare who's very affordable. She's older, but been there and done that. Thought we might get through this showing season as I thought DD had a super time last season... and then rehome the pony to a friend when we move. Anyway, DD has quickly put stop to this plan and told me she wants to play FOOTBALL!!!! She lost all her confidence when we had the horses at a riding school for a short period.

*sigh* Hubby wants to as he feels that she will get into it again when she realises there is no pressure and she can just enjoy it again.

Stop for a minute, open your mind, learn. You may not agree with what I say, I may not agree with what you say but we will both learn something new.
Maple is offline  
post #48 of 51 Old 01-29-2013, 12:47 AM
Trained
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 6,672
• Horses: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple View Post
My little world came crumbling down today :(

We sold Simba as were planning to move abroad in a few months. Paperwork processing times are about 3x longer than what the embassy had initally told me.. meaning we wont be going anywhere until quite possibly next spring.

Anyway, I've spotted a gorgeous little bay mare who's very affordable. She's older, but been there and done that. Thought we might get through this showing season as I thought DD had a super time last season... and then rehome the pony to a friend when we move. Anyway, DD has quickly put stop to this plan and told me she wants to play FOOTBALL!!!! She lost all her confidence when we had the horses at a riding school for a short period.

*sigh* Hubby wants to as he feels that she will get into it again when she realises there is no pressure and she can just enjoy it again.
Gosh, that sucks. :(
Maybe if you have a back up plan already in this place for the little mare, you could get her anyways and just let her see if she wants to go out on fun trail rides?

Whispering Secret Arabians
Registered Solid and Sabino Arabians
www.wsarabians.wix.com/home
WSArabians is offline  
post #49 of 51 Old 01-29-2013, 03:48 PM
Started
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,957
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSArabians View Post
Gosh, that sucks. :(
Maybe if you have a back up plan already in this place for the little mare, you could get her anyways and just let her see if she wants to go out on fun trail rides?
We have decided to go ahead and see her, viewing her tomorrow afternoon

Sit down before you read this: Non horsey hubby has offered to take care of the pony for her!!! And she said she wants to ride once she doesnt have to go off the lead for a while - this is do-able.

Pony is registered with the irish show ponies, has shown all over the country. Passported and chipped.. so cross your fingers for us

Stop for a minute, open your mind, learn. You may not agree with what I say, I may not agree with what you say but we will both learn something new.
Maple is offline  
post #50 of 51 Old 01-30-2013, 11:22 AM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,174
• Horses: 1
I am hoping this little one that I am carrying will have the horsey bug lol Not due for another 6 weeks, so we have quite a while to see if he/she is into horses. My husband doesn't care either way, but I think who would take it the hardest is my filly. This horse LIVES for kids. Not broke to ride yet (doing that this summer), but she loves kids coming up to her at shows to love on her. I won't push any of our kids into horses, but I can certainly cross my fingers in hopes that they will have the horsey bug!
Tazzie is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Horses and Kids Josh Horse Talk 11 04-06-2012 01:30 PM
Kids and Horses ocalagirl Horse Riding 3 12-28-2010 10:01 PM
Kids and horses CecilliaB Horse Pictures 6 02-12-2010 01:11 AM
Kids and horses belgianlover Horse Pictures 8 04-20-2009 09:39 AM
Kids and Their Horses Rashashea Horse Pictures 12 03-01-2009 04:16 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome