Boots for riding Western
 
 

       The Horse Forum > The Horse Forum Community > Plus Sized Riders

Boots for riding Western

This is a discussion on Boots for riding Western within the Plus Sized Riders forums, part of the The Horse Forum Community category
  • Feet wont fit in cowboy boots
  • Packer boots

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    12-22-2011, 05:47 PM
  #1
Trained
Boots for riding Western

Hi I would like some advice
I am looking to ride again and I need comfortable durable
Boots
I have wide feet and my right foot has a hammer toe
That hurts in narrow boots

I am not sure where to post this
Thanks
CW
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    12-22-2011, 05:53 PM
  #2
Trained
Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Woman    
Hi I would like some advice
I am looking to ride again and I need comfortable durable
Boots
I have wide feet and my right foot has a hammer toe
That hurts in narrow boots

I am not sure where to post this
Thanks
CW
I like my HH Packers, The Official Double-H Boots Website: The Packer Collection. Due to an injury my foot generally won't fit into a pull on type boot, or I need custom made. These packers have plenty of room for my foot that stays swollen and also lace up tight enough for the foot that is normal. I like the heel and find them very comfortable.
     
    12-22-2011, 06:16 PM
  #3
Trained
Ropers tend to have more room. I use Ariat Ropers, and prefer them to Justin. You could try a square toe...I think they look awful, but they might wear well:

     
    12-22-2011, 06:24 PM
  #4
Green Broke
Since you have a wide foot I would also recommend a single welt rather than a double. I don't like to ride in a lace up boot in the case I fall off and hang in a stirrup my boot can slip off to free myself. I also prefer a leather sole to a rubber one as well, but that is just my personal preference.

I just bought some Anderson Beans and so far I am pretty happy with them...we will see how long they last. Years ago Boulets used to be good but I have noticed their quality has gone down. The last pair I bought I wore out pretty fast and they are not as comfortable as they used to be. I have a pair of Resistol boots, the leather is of poor quality but they are comfotable. Someone told me not too long ago that Olathe Boots changed hands again and the quality has gone up. That was what I used to wear in the 90's before they went to crap.

Not sure how much you want to spend, but I have some custom built boots that are awesome. I love my Paul Bonds.
Posted via Mobile Device
     
    12-22-2011, 06:47 PM
  #5
Trained
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher Arabians    
I like my HH Packers, The Official Double-H Boots Website: The Packer Collection. Due to an injury my foot generally won't fit into a pull on type boot, or I need custom made. These packers have plenty of room for my foot that stays swollen and also lace up tight enough for the foot that is normal. I like the heel and find them very comfortable.
Thank you for your help
Do you know the price you could pm me that info
     
    12-22-2011, 06:50 PM
  #6
Trained
Quote:
Originally Posted by COWCHICK77    
Since you have a wide foot I would also recommend a single welt rather than a double. I don't like to ride in a lace up boot in the case I fall off and hang in a stirrup my boot can slip off to free myself. I also prefer a leather sole to a rubber one as well, but that is just my personal preference.

I just bought some Anderson Beans and so far I am pretty happy with them...we will see how long they last. Years ago Boulets used to be good but I have noticed their quality has gone down. The last pair I bought I wore out pretty fast and they are not as comfortable as they used to be. I have a pair of Resistol boots, the leather is of poor quality but they are comfotable. Someone told me not too long ago that Olathe Boots changed hands again and the quality has gone up. That was what I used to wear in the 90's before they went to crap.

Not sure how much you want to spend, but I have some custom built boots that are awesome. I love my Paul Bonds.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thank you all for your advice
Should I try a men's boot as well
     
    12-22-2011, 06:59 PM
  #7
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Woman    
Thank you all for your advice
Should I try a men's boot as well
If you have a wide foot, I would say yes.
I wear an A or AA width so I can barely wear a womens! So a mens might work good for you :)
Posted via Mobile Device
     
    12-22-2011, 07:01 PM
  #8
Trained
I second Ariat's! I'm 5'3 and wear a size 9! My wide hobbit feet And "sturdy" ankles require room. I've had my favorite Ariat's for 7 years and wear them every day, to town, riding and the leather soles are like new and the stitching is perfect! I get the narrow toed ones and they fit my paddle feet fine and they only run $100 or so. You should try them for everyday use.
Posted via Mobile Device
     
    12-22-2011, 07:12 PM
  #9
Trained
Thank you for your advice
Btw I wear a men's Nike Monarach size 8 4 E and they never hurt my feet
I just want comfort
     
    12-22-2011, 11:23 PM
  #10
Trained
HH Opanka Packer boots - Google Search

I think I've gotten lucky a couple of times and found them for around $99 on sale. I think normal price is about $109 to $119 depending on the retailer. I find they last pretty well, I've had the heel tips replaced on my current one, 2X now and the uppers still look new. I wear them every day for mucking as well as riding, so urine does take it's toll on them. I've had this last pair for about a year now and don't see a need to replace them yet.

I just saw where you wear a quad E, so you might check these out in mens' sizes, they're the exact same boot but mens might do you better.
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lucchese Full-Quill Womens Riding/Show/Apparel Western Boots, size 7.5 bubba13 Tack and Equipment Classifieds 5 04-26-2011 11:19 PM
Good Western Helmet + Boots? Plus: Hiking Boots OK for First Lesson? cfralic Horse Tack and Equipment 13 03-06-2011 11:51 AM
Western Belt & Arait Western Boots htrjmpr4 Tack and Equipment Classifieds 0 12-09-2010 09:34 AM
Looking for new boots... (horse boots, not riding boots) CloudsMystique Horse Tack and Equipment 6 06-30-2010 08:28 PM
Jumping Boots Or Riding Boots~ Please Replie Soon! ChingazMyBoy Horse Tack and Equipment 1 04-28-2009 10:34 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0