Determined This Time. - Page 5
 
 

       The Horse Forum > The Horse Forum Community > Plus Sized Riders

Determined This Time.

This is a discussion on Determined This Time. within the Plus Sized Riders forums, part of the The Horse Forum Community category

    Like Tree15Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        06-21-2012, 04:01 PM
      #41
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hailey1203    
    I have pictures! However, I try not too look at them :/

    I injured my hip pretty bad, and can't ride for 3 months. Nor can I excersise much either. Im going to try and eat better to at least maintain my weight
    I have managed to lose weight just based on eating. Calories in vs calories out.

    You should still be moving for your hip (low impact of course) ... Consult your doctor about exercises that will help rehabilitate your hip if you haven't already. I personally believe that the more you move the better off your hip will be. If you just sit around it will get stiff.
    Hailey1203 likes this.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        06-22-2012, 01:29 AM
      #42
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hailey1203    
    I have pictures! However, I try not too look at them :/

    I injured my hip pretty bad, and can't ride for 3 months. Nor can I excersise much either. Im going to try and eat better to at least maintain my weight
    I know it's tough to look at them. I'm the exact same way sometimes. But you'll feel really good once you can see the difference in then and now. C: Just keep at it!
    Hailey1203 likes this.
         
        07-01-2012, 09:13 PM
      #43
    HFH
    Foal
    You go girl !!!

    You've got a great attitude and I'm sure your post has inspired a lot of others. Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work!
         
        07-03-2012, 10:55 AM
      #44
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by HFH    
    You've got a great attitude and I'm sure your post has inspired a lot of others. Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work!
    Thanks so much!! Its hard with my injury, but im finding some pretty creative ways to burn calories! Like watching tv while sitting on an excersise ball and doing bicep curls with soup cans!
    Skyseternalangel likes this.
         
        07-03-2012, 11:12 AM
      #45
    Weanling
    And I just had a brilliant idea. Well, 2 actually. Im going to weigh myself twice a week, and put that number as the wallpaper on my phone. Im on my phone A LOT so hello modivation. As well, im going to put one of my "before" pictures in my wallet. So everytime I open my wallet to buy fast food, i'll see it. *Shudder*
         
        09-19-2012, 12:52 PM
      #46
    Weanling
    So, I havent posted in a while. And its because im ashamed of myself. I let my hip get the better of me and used it as an excuse to not exercise at all. Im up to 220 pounds now, and feeling pretty low about it.

    Even my grandma pointed out that im putting on weight. Hows that for a kick to the self esteem eh?

    However, the hip is much better. Better to the point where exercising will help it heal even more. So im going to try this again. Im pledging to go for a 4km walk everynight. I will job parts of it, to work on building stamina.

    One problem is, I just moved out on my own. So im short on money. Anyone know of any cheap low calorie foods?

    Thanks!
         
        09-19-2012, 02:14 PM
      #47
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hailey1203    
    So, I havent posted in a while. And its because im ashamed of myself. I let my hip get the better of me and used it as an excuse to not exercise at all. Im up to 220 pounds now, and feeling pretty low about it.

    Even my grandma pointed out that im putting on weight. Hows that for a kick to the self esteem eh?

    However, the hip is much better. Better to the point where exercising will help it heal even more. So im going to try this again. Im pledging to go for a 4km walk everynight. I will job parts of it, to work on building stamina.

    One problem is, I just moved out on my own. So im short on money. Anyone know of any cheap low calorie foods?

    Thanks!
    You sound like you have a lot of things to work on before you can lose weight. You seem to be doing it because of low self-esteem. Weight is weight, it fluctuates all the time.

    So deal with this first then worry about your weight perhaps. As for low calories foods, you should find that vegetables and fruit tend to be a lot cheaper than junk food. Eggs can be cheap as well. Rice is cheap. (not necessarily low calorie, but in moderation its fine.) Chicken is expensive, but you can always buy chicken with skin and bones (cheaper) or wait until the sales and buy in bulk. Also look for sales on fish if you like fish.
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Seeking part-time/full-time job. Ladybug2001 Horse Jobs 0 05-02-2012 10:23 PM
    determined not to be caught! Derry girl Horse Talk 4 04-08-2012 07:31 PM
    Introducing English tack to a WH and working with limited resources, but determined! Raidress Horse Training 12 01-20-2011 12:44 PM
    Time of seeding, or time of planting seedling? twogeldings General Off Topic Discussion 0 09-06-2010 03:10 PM
    Brrrrr...it's that time of year. Time to bring out the scarves, hats, and gloves! Seattle Tack and Equipment Classifieds 3 11-24-2009 03:47 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:59 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0