I don't look too big for him, do I? - Page 2
 
 

       The Horse Forum > The Horse Forum Community > Plus Sized Riders

I don't look too big for him, do I?

This is a discussion on I don't look too big for him, do I? within the Plus Sized Riders forums, part of the The Horse Forum Community category

    Like Tree23Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        08-18-2013, 01:58 PM
      #11
    Started
    Western saddles do have better weight distribution. Someone posted on the forum the pounds per square inch for both western and English. It was dramatic. Wish I could remember what it is.....
    But whatever style, you don't want it sitting on the withers.
    Nice pony, by the way.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        08-18-2013, 02:09 PM
      #12
    Trained
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by EquineBovine    
    I'm not being rude but I think half of the problem in those photos are your breasts! You don't look too big but you're rather top heavy (you lucky cow lol)
    OK I shouldn't laugh, but when it comes to it weight is weight, doesn't change the load the horse is carrying!

    Two thoughts though:

    I am all over big, and I have to say I was horrified at the first dressage video I saw of me, taped from C, and the trot down centre line towards the camera, well all I could see was breasts

    Second thought, I have a riding buddy, same age, height and weight as me, but she carries a lot of weight on her breasts, I think she looks great on her little Morgan, because she is smaller than me in most areas, and when she straps the girls up well, she looks much better than I do...jealous.

    OP, better to ask the people who know you and can watch you and your horse in real life how you two are suited, so difficult to tell from still pics, especially the angles you have given us.
    EquineBovine likes this.
         
        08-18-2013, 02:32 PM
      #13
    Yearling
    These people who said you were too big for the horse, were they experienced horse people? Or horse people at all?
         
        08-18-2013, 02:39 PM
      #14
    Green Broke
    Nevermind
         
        08-18-2013, 02:39 PM
      #15
    Green Broke
    I don't think you are too big. I agree with others on the saddle fit. The saddle looks too small for you. When you have a too small English saddle a lot of your weight is on and/or behind the cantle of the saddle, putting a lot of pressure where there is no support.
    Side photos would be better to see, but I think you need a bigger saddle or a different style of saddle that fits your body type and a better saddle pad.
         
        08-18-2013, 04:37 PM
      #16
    Weanling










    EquineBovine likes this.
         
        08-18-2013, 04:42 PM
      #17
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Golden Horse    
    OK I shouldn't laugh, but when it comes to it weight is weight, doesn't change the load the horse is carrying!

    Two thoughts though:

    I am all over big, and I have to say I was horrified at the first dressage video I saw of me, taped from C, and the trot down centre line towards the camera, well all I could see was breasts

    Second thought, I have a riding buddy, same age, height and weight as me, but she carries a lot of weight on her breasts, I think she looks great on her little Morgan, because she is smaller than me in most areas, and when she straps the girls up well, she looks much better than I do...jealous.

    OP, better to ask the people who know you and can watch you and your horse in real life how you two are suited, so difficult to tell from still pics, especially the angles you have given us.
    Ugh, I know I am all boob. I hate it. :(
    Every time I look at the pics I sigh! I can't wait til I get some of this fluff off.

    Oh, and I posted more pics.
         
        08-18-2013, 04:43 PM
      #18
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Red Gate Farm    
    These people who said you were too big for the horse, were they experienced horse people? Or horse people at all?
    No, they aren't horse people at all, but it made me self conscious.
         
        08-18-2013, 04:45 PM
      #19
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Taffy Clayton    
    I don't think you are too big. I agree with others on the saddle fit. The saddle looks too small for you. When you have a too small English saddle a lot of your weight is on and/or behind the cantle of the saddle, putting a lot of pressure where there is no support.
    Side photos would be better to see, but I think you need a bigger saddle or a different style of saddle that fits your body type and a better saddle pad.
    It's the largest English saddle they have at the stable. I will be buying my own soon, but right now it's all I have to work with. I just hope I don't hurt my sweet boy in the meantime though.
         
        08-18-2013, 04:46 PM
      #20
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dustbunny    
    Western saddles do have better weight distribution. Someone posted on the forum the pounds per square inch for both western and English. It was dramatic. Wish I could remember what it is.....
    But whatever style, you don't want it sitting on the withers.
    Nice pony, by the way.
    I ride both English and Western. Mostly Western, but I am trying to break into English. I put up some pics of me riding western today. And thanks :)
         

    Quick Reply
    Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
    Message:
    Options

    Register Now

    In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

    Already have a Horse Forum account?
    Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

    New to the Horse Forum?
    Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

    User Name:
    Password
    Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
    Password:
    Confirm Password:
    Email Address
    Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
    Email Address:

    Log-in

    Human Verification

    In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


    Old Thread Warning
    This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Don't feel bad if you don't have an indoor... MyBoyPuck Horse Riding 20 02-18-2013 09:53 PM
    BIG BROTHER BIG SISTER program kait18 General Off Topic Discussion 4 05-03-2012 05:47 PM
    Little rider, big horse and BIG jumps! Kawairashii Ichigo Horse Videos 14 02-15-2012 05:59 AM
    The big, scary round pen...aka-"I don't want to work!" DraftyAiresMum Horse Training 35 08-31-2011 01:08 PM
    Don't grab on to the mane! Just don't! Ray MacDonald Horse Training 29 08-17-2010 02:41 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:56 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0