That's it! - Page 3 - The Horse Forum

 47Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 39 Old 07-14-2012, 08:19 PM
Showing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Cariboo, British Columbia
Posts: 11,339
• Horses: 3
*sorry on iPod, can't work the stupid thing! Tell rude peops like that while you appreciate her being concerned for the horse's well being, she needn't worry her stupid brain about it, horse's are strong animals. And if she phones you again, tell I said she is rude & ignorant, in fact give her my phone number so I can tell her myself!
Posted via Mobile Device
waresbear is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 39 Old 07-14-2012, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
Foal
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 186
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Horse View Post
Remember while you on your weight loss journey that you are doing it for you because you deserve it. The witch may have been the kick start, but to keep it going turn your thoughts into positive ones.

Just think in a little while you'll be thinner and she'll still be a bitch
Ahaha, my thoughts exactly! That's what's motivating me to keep going
DixieDarlin likes this.

A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.
Randella is offline  
post #23 of 39 Old 07-14-2012, 08:45 PM Thread Starter
Foal
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 186
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by waresbear View Post
*sorry on iPod, can't work the stupid thing! Tell rude peops like that while you appreciate her being concerned for the horse's well being, she needn't worry her stupid brain about it, horse's are strong animals. And if she phones you again, tell I said she is rude & ignorant, in fact give her my phone number so I can tell her myself!
Posted via Mobile Device
Ahaha, that's funny! And if she does, I'll certainly pass her along! :p

Funny thing is, her arse didn't seem too much smaller than mine, the silly cow.
Back2Horseback likes this.

A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.
Randella is offline  
post #24 of 39 Old 07-14-2012, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
Foal
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 186
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyseternalangel View Post
Ehh.. I agree with the first part but calling her a bitch helps nobody. Some people truly worry about horses and don't take into account other's feelings. I'm sure she didn't mean to offend and she's probably confused as to why you aren't considering her for the lease.

Someone people truly are ignorant of how their words affect others and are blinded by what they feel is truth. I used to think ALL people using a whip while lunging was cruel so I would be mad at those that did it (cause I'd seen a few people at shows smack their horse with it without really having a reason to??) But anyway I learned that the whip is a tool not a weapon and things began to make sense.

Now if I went up to those using whips while lunging, I would have pissed off a LOT of people and I would have been the bitch. It's just I was ignorant and didn't realize it.

Ya know? She'll realize one day that what she says about horses jumping and riders that seem heavy to her is untrue.

Sometimes the best thing to do is be straight up honest, which it's your choice (the OP) if you want to be. I wouldn't have been quiet when she said that to me I would have aid "you know, I've had my vet tell me tha my horse is in prime physical condition and can support me just fine. So what you said was not only hurtful but untrue"

But that's just me. I like to help people in various ways.

But thought I would contribute my thoughts. There are too many angry people in this world when it could be fixed or at least confirmed (as in agree to disagree) with simple communication.

~~~

That being said, like I said I am very happy that you are working on bettering your health :) That's awesome, and I'm all for it! Sometimes we need the right kind of motivation. I didn't consider I could get healthier (aka asthma and weight) until I found a reason to: horses.

Hugs!
I told her I didn't feel the correct fit between her and us, but I get where you're coming from. I also didn't say anything at the time, because I was so utterly dumbfounded that she actually said it, that's all.

I appreciate the support too :) !

A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.
Randella is offline  
post #25 of 39 Old 07-14-2012, 09:01 PM
Showing
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 16,578
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randella View Post
I told her I didn't feel the correct fit between her and us, but I get where you're coming from. I also didn't say anything at the time, because I was so utterly dumbfounded that she actually said it, that's all.

I appreciate the support too :) !
Yep we're here cheering you on!!

And it's all good. Nothing wrong with what you did so I hope you don't feel I was scolding you or anything like that.

"Strength is the ability to use a muscle without tension"
Skyseternalangel is offline  
post #26 of 39 Old 07-14-2012, 09:06 PM
Showing
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Saskatchewan
Posts: 12,238
• Horses: 2
But I feel scolded here, the point of the lady dog comment was to point out that the Op can change and probably a lot easier the the lady dog.

But Hey, feel free to jump on me anytime, seems everyone else is just now.
Golden Horse is offline  
post #27 of 39 Old 07-14-2012, 09:14 PM
Showing
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 16,578
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Horse View Post
But I feel scolded here, the point of the lady dog comment was to point out that the Op can change and probably a lot easier the the lady dog.

But Hey, feel free to jump on me anytime, seems everyone else is just now.
Noo you aren't being scolded! Just because I do things differently doesn't mean you're wrong :)

She was a bitch.. but what I'm saying is I think her purpose wasn't to hurt the OP but she was concerned about the horse (without reason to be.. hence where the ignorance comes in)

I'm sorry Golden that you felt I was scolding you :/ Not my intention at all!!!!!

I love what you have to say, you give it up straight :)

"Strength is the ability to use a muscle without tension"
Skyseternalangel is offline  
post #28 of 39 Old 07-14-2012, 09:43 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NH
Posts: 692
• Horses: 0
RAND first I am sorry that someone can be so cruel but their out there. I too am heavy set and get quite upset at some peoples stupid remarks.

I got a ??? Have you checked out www.sparkpeople.com yet? OMG I so love it been on it for about a month it helps you track everything when losing weight or just want to be healthier. I lost 20 lbs so far and they have great chatrooms and forums you got to check it out!
And good for you girl! Lose the weight for you but use the rude behavior of others as a motivation. I wish you luck and if you ever need to talk PM me Im here.

TRR
Skyseternalangel and Randella like this.
TimberRidgeRanch is offline  
post #29 of 39 Old 07-15-2012, 12:15 AM
Showing
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Saskatchewan
Posts: 12,238
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyseternalangel View Post

I'm sorry Golden that you felt I was scolding you :/ Not my intention at all!!!!!
Thanks Sky, think I maybe just a little touchy at the moment, all is good
Golden Horse is offline  
post #30 of 39 Old 07-15-2012, 12:13 PM
Foal
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Alberta, Canada.
Posts: 64
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randella View Post
Thanks! I've actually joined Weight Watchers since, and its really helpful. Everyone's really supportive, and like you said, the program really motivates me! :)
That's awesome! Good luck!

[tay]
la volpe is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome