The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Aussie saddles (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/aussie-saddles-10006/)

Curly_Horse_CMT 06-10-2008 08:13 PM

Aussie saddles

I use a Australian stock seat saddle and love it! It keeps me in the seat really well with the bucking rolls aka polleys. I love how it is a cross between the english and western saddles. Too bad we cant really show in them(besides me running at 4-H speed shows! :P ) Does anyone else use a Aussie saddle besides me and love it?

crackrider 06-13-2008 12:07 AM

Yeah! The stock saddles are GREAT! i love them! They are really comfy and secure!

It is to bad you can't use them in shows outside of australia!

Curly_Horse_CMT 06-13-2008 12:11 AM

Stock saddles

Gosh, I am glad there is someone else that loves them as much as I do! Its too bad that my girth ripped so I cant use mine right now :( but they just look sooo awsome and they are comfy. I can go all day using them, and the polleys have saved me a number of times. It also teaches you better balence too, I think. Plus, they look good on a horse, no doubt. lol Yeah, its too bad we cant use them here to show in because they are considered a "hybrid". I also like the quick release stirrups. I just want to get one to fit my wider curly now. My standard tree fits my arab/curly cross perfectly.

mell 06-13-2008 01:10 AM

i love them to! They are great! :D

julestar 06-18-2008 11:07 PM

haha. I remember the days when I rode in an aussie stock saddle. I felt naked riding in anything else. When your on a very active horse they can be great to help keep you secure, but since I have gotten into showjumping a few years back I had to trade the stock saddle for a jumping saddle- BIG adjustment stirrup lengths n all. Now though I feel awkward in anything but a jumping or gp saddle. Stock saddles gave me bruising - I jumped my pony for about three months in a stock, and if the jumps got bigger (It felt like a huge leap and bound for little Misty) I would end up hitting my upper legs on the ears - ouch. If not for jumping they were awesome!

Curly_Horse_CMT 06-19-2008 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by julestar
haha. I remember the days when I rode in an aussie stock saddle. I felt naked riding in anything else. When your on a very active horse they can be great to help keep you secure, but since I have gotten into showjumping a few years back I had to trade the stock saddle for a jumping saddle- BIG adjustment stirrup lengths n all. Now though I feel awkward in anything but a jumping or gp saddle. Stock saddles gave me bruising - I jumped my pony for about three months in a stock, and if the jumps got bigger (It felt like a huge leap and bound for little Misty) I would end up hitting my upper legs on the ears - ouch. If not for jumping they were awesome!

haha Yeah, they arent meant for jumping seriously. Their stirrups arent meant for it. They set you too different. I got to bracing too much since I wasnt riding in my western saddle at all last summer and so my leg position got screwed a little but I bounced back pretty quickly. They are really nice if you just want to do hardcore trail riding. I wish we could show in them...that would be flippin sweet. :D

MistyRose 07-26-2008 07:58 AM

aussie saddle

4 years ago, I jumped back into horses after a 20 year absence. I have a beautiful Simco western saddle. My right knee kept bothering me- not matter what I did. I had been doing some research on different saddles, when an Aussie came up for sale in my town. For $150.00 it came home with me. It is in like new condition. It fit my buckskin. I am SOLD on them. I can ride for hours and get off like I haven't ben riding at all. I have had two serious spooks and successfully rode them out and felt like I was seatbelted in. Enjoy riding. Misty and Danny's mom