The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Need Help finding a good saddle? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/need-help-finding-good-saddle-100128/)

horsegirl87 10-10-2011 10:51 PM

Need Help finding a good saddle?

Does anyone know what brand of a saddle is good and comfortable ? thanks so much for the help :-)

kitten_Val 10-11-2011 10:12 AM

Western or english?

gigem88 10-11-2011 10:34 AM

New or used? What's your budget??

Red Gate Farm 10-11-2011 01:45 PM

For an Arabian, Draft, Pony, Horse, Mule, or Camel?

Australian, Bullfighting, Event, Endurance, Parade, Racing, Bareback, Pack, Reining, Bronc, Cutting, All Purpose, Jumper, Dressage....

We need a bit more info :wink:

kitten_Val 10-11-2011 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Gate Farm (Post 1197624)
For an Arabian, Draft, Pony, Horse, Mule, or Camel?

You forgot the elephant....

horsegirl87 10-12-2011 07:24 PM

Lol thanks for the replies! I'm looking for more western but English too. So both. And it doesn't matter If it's new or used I don't really have a budget. I just want something comfortable. It's for a horse, I'm just Doing basic trail riding and in training for show, jumps and barrel racing.
Posted via Mobile Device

smrobs 10-12-2011 07:36 PM

What kind of horse? Pony, Quarter Horse, Thoroughbred, Warmblood, Gaited horse? Do you know what size bars and gullet the horse will need? Without some kind of idea on the size and style needed, nobody can really recommend anything.

RunJumpRide 10-13-2011 07:51 PM

Well, brand wise, here's some I like generally...

English: Stubben, {Old} Collegiates, Crosby, Passier (hope I spelled that right!), Bates, Pessoa, Courbette, Beval, some Wintecs (for a decent low-budg saddle), I don't particularly like any of the newer English saddles lately, though :-|.. I'd buy an old, nice brand saddle if I were you.

Western: Hmm.. Double J, Circle Y, Cactus, Martin, Billy Cook, Ammerman, Crates, Alamo (decent, anyway), Tex Tan, Bighorn, Hereford, SOME Simco's (you gotta be careful with Simco saddles though, it's really hit-or-miss with them)... Just to name a few :lol: