The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Trailers (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-trailers/)
-   -   What would you offer??? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-trailers/what-would-you-offer-100462/)

FoxRidgeRanch 10-14-2011 08:59 PM

What would you offer???

I am super interested in this trailer but am still looking in my area just in case. What do you guys think I should offer for this Trailer:

2008 Adam Horse Trailer for Sale in Bemidji, Minnesota MN

FoxRidgeRanch 10-15-2011 09:39 AM

No one else owns a trailer? No advice?
Posted via Mobile Device

Joe4d 10-15-2011 10:14 AM

seams a fair price, Its an aluminum skin. Doesnt say what kinda floor though.
If I was gonna get a trailer that big I would get a gooseneck. Loaded thats a pretty hefty load for a bumper pull, plus with a GN i have a place to sleep. It may be hard to sell for that reason. Most people that want bumper pulls are pulling with a 1/2 ton class truck and want smaller lighter trailers. But if it suits your needs and you dont care about resell, looks good in the add to me,

LetAGrlShowU 10-15-2011 11:03 AM

I've seen similar trailers in my area for $6500-$7000. Its a bit overpriced, but a nice trailer.

FoxRidgeRanch 10-15-2011 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LetAGrlShowU (Post 1201286)
I've seen similar trailers in my area for $6500-$7000. Its a bit overpriced, but a nice trailer.

I'm always afraid to dicker on prices because I don't want to offend the seller :S

I also like this one , its a two horse and 2008 never used yet.

2008 Pacesetter Trailers Horse Trailer for Sale in Elko, Minnesota MN

LetAGrlShowU 10-15-2011 12:49 PM

Your the second person to say something like that. It's ludacris. Do you walk into a used car dealership and pay sticker price? How about to buy a boat, motorcycle? I would never pay the listing price for a horse or trailer. Nobody ever puts their final price unless FIRM is mentioned. Otherwise its negotiable. I think its important to be fair, but dont spend hundreds more than you need to. It doesnt make any sense to me.

Clementine 10-15-2011 01:20 PM

The price seems fairly reasonable, but I would at least just offer them $7000. You could probably even go lower. Don't worry about offending the seller - they want to sell the trailer, and if they don't like the offer, they will give you a counter offer.

On a side note, I agree with Joe - I wouldn't buy a 3 horse bumperpull, it definitely seems like too much weight on that type of hitch.

caseymyhorserocks 10-15-2011 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoxRidgeRanch (Post 1201325)
I also like this one , its a two horse and 2008 never used yet.

2008 Pacesetter Trailers Horse Trailer for Sale in Elko, Minnesota MN

I definatley like this one way more. One reason is that I always shy away from trailers that dont have pads/mats or something (at least on the divider). The three horse doesnt have pads. I would offer maybe $4,600?? $5000? (for the two horse) It looks pretty reasonably priced.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LetAGrlShowU (Post 1201286)

WOW!!!! Around here, they are around $10,000-$15,000!!!!!! :shock: I would say its VERY reasonably priced... But im not sure if thats reasonable for where foxridge lives..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe4d (Post 1201270)
seams a fair price, Its an aluminum skin. Doesnt say what kinda floor though.
If I was gonna get a trailer that big I would get a gooseneck. Loaded thats a pretty hefty load for a bumper pull, plus with a GN i have a place to sleep. It may be hard to sell for that reason. Most people that want bumper pulls are pulling with a 1/2 ton class truck and want smaller lighter trailers. But if it suits your needs and you dont care about resell, looks good in the add to me,

Talking about lots of weight for a bumper pull, i saw this horse trailer brand, and they sold bumper pull LIVING QUARTERS up to 4 horses!!! I would agree that if you have a small truck/van it may be a bit to much stress....

FoxRidgeRanch 10-15-2011 01:52 PM

I'll dicker I just feel so evil when I do that I usually take a friend that's good at it to give me advice. I was thinking of asking $6700 to start with. Do you guys think I should go for the 2 horse trailer. I mostly want to take horses for rides or shows. 2 horses is usually the most I have going in a trailer.
Posted via Mobile Device

LetAGrlShowU 10-15-2011 02:17 PM

I like the last one much more.