The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   Arabian stallion critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/arabian-stallion-critique-100488/)

damnedEvans 10-15-2011 08:17 AM

Arabian stallion critique

7 Attachment(s)
Hello. I'm asking for critiques again :lol:. I really like this stallion. He's not mine but I'll be "working" with him. Is one of the horses from the stable where I'm working. My boss bought him today. The former owner bought him from a stud farm and realized that they don't really want a horse.

He is 6 years old pure - breed Arabian form the Siglavy Bagdady line. He is just halter broke at this point but he's very sweet and lets you touch him everywhere. He doesn't have any vices. He is just not to socialized. He will be trained, started under saddle and to drive.

What do you think of him?

He needs a farrier. They said that he was never shoed so that's a great thing.

And sorry for the pictures quality, the majority of them are made with my phone because my camera batteries died.

Attachment 76963

Attachment 76964

Attachment 76965

Attachment 76966

Attachment 76967

Attachment 76968

Attachment 76969

New_image 10-15-2011 01:30 PM

Very cute face :) the pictures aren't real awesome for this but what stands out to me most would be his over all balanced build and attractive face. The bad would be he is a pretty thick neck for his size, throat latch in particular. Longer back & his hocks seem "high" to me.

damnedEvans 10-15-2011 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New_image (Post 1201360)
Very cute face :) the pictures aren't real awesome for this but what stands out to me most would be his over all balanced build and attractive face. The bad would be he is a pretty thick neck for his size, throat latch in particular. Longer back & his hocks seem "high" to me.

Thank you :D . I've seen that they tend to have those thick necks. I rarely see an Arabian with that delicate neck like on the Egyptian lines. Guess is also because he is still a stallion at this age. It looks that he has a short neck also but I'm not entirely sure.

nicole25 10-15-2011 04:13 PM

Does his front right foot really turn outward or is that just how he was standing during the picture? He does have a very thick neck and I love how long his mane is. Also something looks weird in his wither area to me but it might just be the picture.

damnedEvans 10-16-2011 03:28 PM

I don't know about the foot. I will watch carefully next time that I'll see him. I know that I didn't saw something obviously wrong but I'm not sure that I paid attention to this.

His mane is great but one part of it is destroyed. You can see it in the 5 - th picture.

Thank you for the critique. Really appreciate it.

mudpie 10-16-2011 03:36 PM

He seems unbalanced and has a rather coarse head.