The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/)
-   -   Looking For A Cremello Stallion (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/looking-cremello-stallion-100697/)

Whispering Meadows 10-17-2011 12:45 PM

Looking For A Cremello Stallion

Hi,
I am looking for a Cremello stallion to breed my Chestnut mare to. I am wanting to breed in April 2012 for a March 2013 baby. I am looking for a tall 'heavy' built stallion with a broad chest. I prefer a Morgan stallion but I am willing to look at ANY breed as it will be reg Half Arabian no matter what and will only be used as a trail/pleasure horse. I am breeding for a Palomino preferably with chrome but thats not a must have just a preference, if I get a solid Palomino foal I'll be perfectly happy! I'm looking for something with a cheap stud fee ($500 or less but will consider slightly higher priced horses)

ANY help would be great! Thanks :)

NdAppy 10-17-2011 01:05 PM

So your only breeding for color?

Golden Horse 10-17-2011 01:15 PM

My help??

If you are wanting to breed your mare this should be the last words that you use
Quote:

I'm looking for something with a cheap stud fee ($500 or less but will consider slightly higher priced horses)
closely followed by
Quote:

I am willing to look at ANY breed as it will be reg Half Arabian no matter what and will only be used as a trail/pleasure horse. I am breeding for a Palomino preferably with chrome but thats not a must have just a preference, if I get a solid Palomino foal I'll be perfectly happy

If you want a nice palomino trail horse you can probably buy one for $500 at the moment. I can guarantee that you could find a weanling for that price if you want to raise one.

How about telling us more about your mare, post some pics then maybe people will be able to suggest a good match, or maybe they will say that she should not reproduce, in any case, if you are breeding, color and a cheap stud fee is a terrible place to start.

Red Gate Farm 10-17-2011 01:48 PM

After looking at your mare and her conformation, have you looked at Mr Yella Trendsetter, 2009 Cremello Paint son of Mr Yella Fella in Columbus MT? He's young, so a lower stud fee ($500.00) since unproven. He has nice background, a longer neck than your mare, slightly higher, nicer back end and a broader chest.

He does have Impressive, but is N/N.

You'd get a double registered offspring. Half Arabian, and Pinto.

kassierae 10-17-2011 02:37 PM

Please don't breed solely for color. It is extremely irresponsible.
Posted via Mobile Device

Whispering Meadows 10-17-2011 04:23 PM

Golden Horse, I want to breed my mare as she was my first horse and now that shes getting older I'd like a foal of hers to replace her and I have always wanted a Palomino and I know I can get that from her. So thats another reason I chose her. I love her bloodlines and would like to continue them. I am not being irrespnsible about this. i know what I am doing. i am asking for people to reccommend stallions.

Red Gate Farm,
thanks I will look him up when I get on a computer (i'm on my cell right now)
Posted via Mobile Device

NdAppy 10-17-2011 04:31 PM

Sorry, but breeding to have a "piece of my mare" is beyond asinine. You are stating that you are breeding for color and to "keep a part" of your mare.

What are your intentions for the foal?
What are your goals?
What else besides color are you wanting?
what, besides being owned by your, makes your mare breed worthy?

Those are all things that you can answer to help point people in a direction of helping you pick a stallion as well as posting pictures of your mare. Stating that you basically are looking for color and to keep a part of your mare is not going to make that happen all it is going to do is get you jumped on for being irresponsible, which is exactly what is going on.

NdAppy 10-17-2011 04:34 PM

Padrasahn Taj the chestnut Arabian <<< Mare you are wanting to breed correct?

If she is to weak to hold a person, what makes you think she could handle being pregnant?

Golden Horse 10-17-2011 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whispering Meadows (Post 1203587)
I am not being irrespnsible about this. i know what I am doing.

That's great to hear, and I'm sure that you'll do fine. I'm here speaking from experience though, just remember that the stud fee is probably the least cost involved in getting a nice foal from your mare, so it just worries me when people say that they are looking for a cheap breeding fee. To get the best from your mare color and breeding fee should be low on your list of priorities.

MsBHavin 10-17-2011 04:44 PM

wait. You want to keep her bloodlines going....but you're willing to breed her for a mix breed foal, only bred for color? That makes no sense.