The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horses for Sale (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/)
-   -   Sweet, safe, aged spotted saddle gaited mare - may trade (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/sweet-safe-aged-spotted-saddle-gaited-100797/)

aimcat 10-18-2011 12:21 PM

Sweet, safe, aged spotted saddle gaited mare - may trade

Just bought this horse. Her owners told me she was 12 year old non reg SSH mare. The latter part is true. After having my vet look her over upon bringing her home and updating her vaccines, etc. he determined her age to be 20 or so. I bought this horse to be my "beginner safe trail horse" which she is but I would only prefer her to go to a home with a light adult rider or child with adult supervision. She would also make a good pasture pal for other horses. I am a heavier person and would not be fair for me to ride her. She has current coggins and all vaccines updated. Sweet girl. Sad situation that the owners lied. Live and learn. I would trade her for a younger safe trail horse or maybe even a really sweet yearling, 2 or 3 year old quarter horse or paint. Video avaliable and more pictures. Im open to offers for her and trades. Located in Bristol, VA. Can help arrange hauling.

Video:

Corporal 10-18-2011 01:00 PM

I'm not in the market, but I want to encourage anyone who wants a safe horse to consider her. I bought a 19 yo TWH several years ago and he was a joy! At the time, my DH was having health problems--he has since had triple-bypass surgery and has recovered his health--but several years before this he couldn't ride ANYTHING spooky, and our very safe older QH was becoming arthritic. This gelding, "Merry Boys Hart," (stable name, "Trogdor")
http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/t...illeIN2005.jpg
was perfect and the whole family enjoyed riding him for several years until he passed away in 2008. Please, don't be afraid of her age. These older horses are SO dependable.
@aimcat, check the teeth next time, bc they don't lie about age. =D

aimcat 10-18-2011 01:03 PM

Thanks so much! Yes I know! I just wasn't thinking.....:(
Posted via Mobile Device

Speed Racer 10-18-2011 01:04 PM

Sweet looking girl. Too bad I'm not in the market for another horse.

Good luck, though. I hope you find the perfect home for her, and the horse you really want/need.

aimcat 10-18-2011 01:06 PM

Thanks so much!
Posted via Mobile Device

WickedNag 10-18-2011 04:02 PM

She is gorgeous! I was going to say I wish I hadn't just brought one home but that sounds terrible as we are very happy with Jim. Good luck in finding her the perfect home...anyone would be very proud to be seen riding such a beauty!

Saddlebag 10-20-2011 10:21 PM

Your address is Southeast. I suppose that's a very long way from western Minnisota, which I'm north of.

aimcat 10-20-2011 10:26 PM

Yes Im in the TN/VA line. She could easily be hauled there....

mysticdragon72 10-23-2011 10:49 PM

I'm curious if you would be interested in trading her for a 2.5 year old APHA filly who has just been started? She's had a saddle on twice as well as a bit in once.

I realize you probably dont' want an untrained horse but this filly does not get along with my older mare... maybe I should say my older mare doesn't get along with this filly LOL my older mare is a SSH and she has a 5 month old half-TWH filly. I don't mind older horses but I might be too heavy for her too as I'm 170 pounds.

I live in SE PA which isn't all that far from you I don't think.

ttfn
MD

aimcat 10-23-2011 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mysticdragon72 (Post 1209726)
I'm curious if you would be interested in trading her for a 2.5 year old APHA filly who has just been started? She's had a saddle on twice as well as a bit in once.

I realize you probably dont' want an untrained horse but this filly does not get along with my older mare... maybe I should say my older mare doesn't get along with this filly LOL my older mare is a SSH and she has a 5 month old half-TWH filly. I don't mind older horses but I might be too heavy for her too as I'm 170 pounds.

I live in SE PA which isn't all that far from you I don't think.

ttfn
MD

NO, 170 is NOT too heavy for her now over 250 or something probably would be. Do you have pics of the filly?