The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Any one oder from Chick's discount before? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/any-one-oder-chicks-discount-before-100957/)

musicalmarie1 10-19-2011 08:47 PM

Any one oder from Chick's discount before?

I ordered a couple turn out blankets from them, but it's the first time i've ever gotten anything from this site in particular. how are they with shipping? is it in a timely manner?

its lbs not miles 10-19-2011 11:16 PM

I've order some small items (new lead rope, hoof pick and the like). Items arrived in a few days. They did miss part of an order once and the missed item arrived 3 days later then the rest of the order. Beyond that I haven't been unhappy and wasn't too worried about the missed item since they did get it to me. I guess it might have been a problem if I'd been in dire need of it.

Tianimalz 10-19-2011 11:25 PM

I've ordered halters, saddle bags, and some grooming supplies from them before with no problems in the past... and generally I'm pretty happy with the prices. All the things I ordered came in right on time too, was pretty happy with their services.

ARTEMISBLOSSOM 10-20-2011 01:16 AM

i placed one order in the past for just little things and it was shipped in a timely manner but I recently ordered some things and I waited for my credit card to be charged so and it wasn't so I emailed them and was told the items were on back order but were expected to ship out this week. I emailed today and was just told still on back order and they didnt know when they were shipping.

Joe4d 10-20-2011 07:16 AM

I wont shop with them anymore. Bad uncaring unprofessional service and websight.
They dont update thier websight with what is onhand or out of stock, even after you order the confirmation email doesnt say anything. Every other online store I shop will either tell you the item is back ordered, or it will say so in an email right away. Not so at chicks.
They also dont tell you what shipped, only something shipped. So you sit there a week waiting for your items to arrive only to have it show up with half the stuff missing. Only then do you find out something is backordered. (If I had known I coulda ordered somewhere else. The Customer services lies gives you a phoney "should ship day". Another package ships again with no heads up as to contents, and again only partial order,,, Soooooooo another call to customer service, who spends 10 minutes telling me "They" shouldnt do that, "They" should fix websight, "They" this,,,, uh wait a many lady YOU are the they, YOU are the reo I am talking too. She kept acting like it was some nameless evil entity out there not doing things.
Soooo no thanks, I have no faith they will deliver what I order in a timely manner. To many other good websights out there.

musicalmarie1 10-20-2011 07:28 AM

yeah, i got the confirmation email that i had ordered something, and it said that my card wouldn't be charged until it shipped. card was charged, but i guess i was expecting another confirmation email that stuff shipped. i usually shop at jeffers equine, or horse.com, but chick's was the only place i could find a 50" lime green turn out blanket. oh well! just wanted to make sure they wouldn't try to scam me or something, or charge me but never ship the items.

atomic 10-20-2011 03:27 PM

I've ordered from them for years with no issues. They aren't the fastest with shipping and sometimes it'll be in separate boxes but for the discounts I get I'm not bothered.
Posted via Mobile Device

Corporal 10-20-2011 03:59 PM

Thanks for posting this thread. I used to order from Chicks back in the 1980's, when they mailed a newsprint catalog, but I haven't ordered anything from them in awhile. It's good to know about their service.

Saddlebag 10-20-2011 07:24 PM

Unlike Canada retailers can arrange to drop ship from the manufacturers. Ours has to go thro a distributor system. This is why with larger items the manufacturer has to make it, usually saddles. Drop shipping reduces holding expensive inventory and saddles take up a lot of space. That's why saddles are so much cheaper in the US. So look for the magic words Item may be drop-shipped. Chick's horse blankets are of the cheaper quality. I know, I repaired one. I'd never buy one.

musicalmarie1 10-20-2011 08:13 PM

Got the confirmation email today, and the ETA is Monday. I'm usually so prompt with things, so i was irritated that it took so long to ship >_< oh well. got it cheaper than at the tack store-- it's the same brand of blanket that they sell at the local horse store, but they always jack the prices up.