The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Bridle colour - Brown/Havana or Black on a bay?! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/bridle-colour-brown-havana-black-bay-100971/)

iloverains 10-19-2011 11:14 PM

Bridle colour - Brown/Havana or Black on a bay?!

1 Attachment(s)
I'm buying my sister a Bridle for her Birthday, she's wanted this bridle for a while, anyway, she will use it on both her Bay horses, there lighter bay, would a Havana colour or black look better?!

She does have a black saddle atm, but shes getting a new one... probably black, not sure though...

Also - what would look better on a really dark bay nearly black horse?! But I have a Brown/Havana saddle

another question... if I got a black bridle, would a Brown saddle and black bridle look weird? or not...?!

thanks y'all

photo - my dark bay(wintercoat) - sisters light bay and light bay. summer coats.

kitten_Val 10-20-2011 09:22 AM

Black saddle --> black bridle. If she rides dressage most probably the saddle will be black (not 100% though). I do use havana bridle on my paint, but I have 2 saddles - black dressage and brown MT. Some people don't care, but I really like when all tack matches. :wink:

nicole25 10-20-2011 10:22 AM

I agree with KV. I like when all of my tack matches. Is there anyway you can find out what color saddle she is gonna be getting or maybe tell her you want to get her a new bridle but wanted to match It to her new saddle so you'll get it when she knows what she wants. Maybe she even already knows the color. But in my opinion I like brown tack better.
Posted via Mobile Device

kitten_Val 10-20-2011 10:27 AM

Just to add... I don't find black bridle/brown saddle combo to look odd for schooling (again, I ride brown bridle/black dressage saddle on my paint). It will at the show though IMHO.

iloverains 10-20-2011 05:00 PM

Thanks guys, we do eventing! (: I also want one of these bridles, should i get a brown/havana one, will it look weird on my horses colour (first horse)? I have a hanava saddle...

but then, what about dressage?! well, i don't even have a dressage saddle yet anyways, i'll figure that out later.

kitten_Val 10-20-2011 08:57 PM

I have separate black dressage bridle for the shows only. As for schooling I wouldn't care much. :wink: If you have havana saddle get havana bridle. IMHO matched tack look very neat. And I think pretty much any color will look good on your horse - he's very cute. :)

nicole25 10-20-2011 10:21 PM

A dressage bridle is different then an eventing bridle, I would just keep that in mind. Also if I was you and had the havana saddle I would go with the havana bridle.

Eliz 10-20-2011 10:30 PM

Black tack looks good on bay horses. I always choose black leather halters for bay horses.. every shade :)

But obviously if you were riding hunter you wouldn't go black, and if your saddle is black, you wouldn't go brown...

iloverains 10-20-2011 10:49 PM

Thanks guys, I have a brown showjumping saddle, and i do Eventing, so will a brown bridle look 'weird' or 'not good' on a really dark bay nearly black horse (1st photo)

nicole25 10-20-2011 11:32 PM

No i do not thnk that it will look bad at all. My horse is very similar to his color right now since he is getting his dark winter coat in and I have a brown bridle i like how it looks on him.