The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/)
-   -   I'm baaack! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/im-baaack-10107/)

JustDressageIt 06-12-2008 11:11 PM

I'm baaack!

I had today what I call "the eureka moment."
When I was in school last year I didn't ride much and I feel my riding got really sloppy in that time. I haven't felt completely connected with a horse since I took my last lesson almost 2 years ago. Well, that is until today!
Tiffany (FehrGroundRanch) came out today to see the progress I had made with Tana (she's coming along well) and asked if it would be okay if she stuck around to watch me work Maia, so of course I said okay. I was a little nervous just because... well.... there I would be, all flaws exposed! So I got on Maia (who was being a complete dork, she was in heat!) and thought to myself "so, what has changed from two years ago? You know how to ride, you know how to train, you know how to ask this stuff of Maia, what's the problem?!"
So that was that.
I decided that I wasn't going to let my riding slide any more. I was going to work hard on getting myself back to what I used to be when I was showing a couple of years back.
So I had the most amazing ride I've had in a long time. There was nothing special about what I did with Maia at all, but it was the feeling of being completely with her, every stride. (By the way, Tiff just watched my warmup).
I dropped my stirrups, crossed them in front of my saddle and rode. Maia started using her hind end to pick herself up, she started bending through her entire body, and for the first time in the indoor arena, she cantered correctly. She didn't rush. She held a frame. She worked off her hind end.
I only rode for about a half hour, but I actually felt like that half hour made more difference than a week's worth of my riding prior.
I just had to share my revelation!! I feel like I'm on cloud nine!

Cookies for everyone!

Dumas'_Grrrl 06-12-2008 11:20 PM

I love it, I love it, I LOVE IT! :D Those Ahh Haa moments are priceless!!!!!!! Congrats on the ride!

PoptartShop 06-12-2008 11:39 PM

Haha congrats, LOL!
& uh, I want a cookieeeee. :D

Brandon 06-12-2008 11:48 PM

*eats his freshly baked cookie* I am so happy for you allie, I am glad you had an amazin ride today :D!!!

Jubilee Rose 06-13-2008 11:34 AM

Aww, thats awesome JDI!!! Yay!!!!! Congrats!!! :D :D :D

Vidaloco 06-13-2008 05:32 PM

I don't and never will ride at the level you are at JDI but I know exactly how you feel. I think everyone knows I was way off riding this last winter. It took a few of those perfect rides to get me back in the saddle with joy. Isn't it lovely when all the fear and self doubt turns into that joy? :D

appylover31803 06-13-2008 05:51 PM

That's awesome Allie!
Congrats on everything you did yesterday! :D That's such a great feeling!

Gingerrrrr 06-13-2008 08:25 PM

congratz JDI!!!

JustDressageIt 06-13-2008 11:45 PM

Ahhh I'm still so happy! I can't wait to ride tomorrow! Thank you all for your kind words, you make me feel so special!

free_sprtd 06-26-2008 11:35 PM

wow it sounds amazing just by the way you described it!