The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Other Pets (http://www.horseforum.com/other-pets/)
-   -   Crazy Cat (http://www.horseforum.com/other-pets/crazy-cat-101118/)

nicole25 10-21-2011 01:50 PM

Crazy Cat

2 Attachment(s)
I have a cat named Knight. He is just a little over a year old. My roommates and I got him last year when he was about 5 weeks old. He was our college pet during our senior year. He was very popular in our apartment complex with our other classmates. He was always very social and was the center of attention. We have all graduated in May and moved home. I got to take Knight home with me, that was the agreement when we got him because I had to just put my sick 14 year old cat down. Anyway, Knight, he is CRAZY. Like legitimately crazy. He attacks things, he runs around the house like a wild child. He bites at things and just goes down right crazy. He has had all of his shots and was fixed at the proper time and age. He is just a nut and he gets a wild look in his eyes and his ears go back (like he is a horse) and just goes NUTS. When it comes to be he is a HUGE mush and is such a mommas boy. He is cuddling with me right now, but if I am petting him he will randomly attack my hand. He just goes ape crap. My dad calls him Cat Monkey because he makes monkey sounds when he freaks. His skin will twitch and so will his lips. Any idea what his issue(s) are?
The first picture is of him from a few months ago and the one of him in my lap is when he was just a little baby.

BlackCricket 10-21-2011 01:58 PM

actually...I think that is just normal cat behavior (that's me going by how my herd of cats act...hahaha)

what a cutie! I'm a sucker for tuxedo cats *love*

nicole25 10-21-2011 02:01 PM

Haha that's funny!! My barn has 25 cats and they are all so friendly and our other cats that have passed were always not social and a one person cat so they slept a lot. I think knight just thinks he is a dog as he is best friends witb our chihuhuaua. My mom says its because he partied too much being a college cat. Haha
Posted via Mobile Device

Puddintat 10-21-2011 02:04 PM

Sounds like typical cat behavior. He probably has a little bit petting induced aggression. I wouldn't worry about it too much unless he's harming someone.

BlackCricket 10-21-2011 02:05 PM

most of my cats are barn cats (I live in the middle of nowhere with cornfields and wooded areas...that equals tons of mice and rats!), but we do have one indoor guy.

I'm now sad because I realize I don't have a tuxedo marked cat any more....my last tuxxie came up missing last year. Guess I'll have to go find some free kittens and add to the barn herd! LOL Or threaten to replace the boyfriends indoor cat that is constantly driving me bonkers!!! He was a former barn cat who got a lucky break to come live indoors because the boyfriends dog adored him..ahah

nicole25 10-21-2011 02:06 PM

Craigslist! They always have free kittens, that's where we got crazy. Haha
Posted via Mobile Device