The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Meet the Community (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/)
-   -   Hey, I'm new :D (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/hey-im-new-d-101243/)

JosiieBrnz 10-23-2011 05:39 AM

Hey, I'm new :D

6 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone, My names Josie, I'm from Australia :)
I have a 5 year old TB gelding named Banjo
He's normally pretty quiet, but has only been trained up in the basics, so I'm struggling to teach him things I dont even inderstand!:oops::oops::?
But we're getting there :-)
I've attatched some pictures of him, when I first got him he was very underweight and quite wormy, his old owner hadnt been feeding him at all. :?
I've had him for about 4 months, and have been feeding him a very basic diet of lucerne hay, any grains or anything too sweet make his glands swell up and he gets cranky and in pain. :-(
Then some after pics, where you can see he's still a bit ribby but his coats way shinier (no thats not just the light, when I first got him he was all dandruffy and his coat was dull)
Then theres a piccie of me and a friend mucking around with their shetty :-):-)
We didnt actually RIDE her like this, just sat on her double. :wink:
Anyway, hope the pictures work!! :D
Josiie

TexasBlaze 10-23-2011 11:29 AM

Welcome! She looks a lot better and she's gorgeous! I know how hard it is to get weight on OTTB's. Ive got a two year old im training myself and were going throught the basics ourselves.

JosiieBrnz 10-23-2011 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasBlaze (Post 1209157)
Welcome! She looks a lot better and she's gorgeous! I know how hard it is to get weight on OTTB's. Ive got a two year old im training myself and were going throught the basics ourselves.

*He :wink::wink:
Dont worry, the number of people who think he's a mare...
The person I kept him with until our fences were done, was always calling him a mare, for over 3 weeks :lol:

TexasBlaze 10-23-2011 09:29 PM

Bah! Sorry. My TB is a filly and i had just finished reading the part about the pony and had a brain minute haha!