The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   weaver break-away halter broke at the buckle! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/weaver-break-away-halter-broke-buckle-101263/)

Rachel1786 10-23-2011 02:18 PM

weaver break-away halter broke at the buckle!

Back in April I ordered my mare a new pretty purple halter, I got a breakaway just because I liked the look. Well the other day she and another horse were at the hitching post and the other horse spooked causing her to spook and pull back and instead of the breakaway breaking, the buckle where you adjust the nose band broke. Has anyone ever heard of this happening before? I contacted horse.com where I bought the halter from but they said that they don't offer a warranty on the halter they only sell them. I was thinking about contacting weaver but I was having trouble finding an e-mail address for them. Do you think they would even issues a replacement or an I S.O.L? What do you think I should do?

bubba13 10-23-2011 03:46 PM

Weaver Leather | Customer Service Contact Information

Rachel1786 10-23-2011 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubba13 (Post 1209286)

Thanks, I don't know how I missed that lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Rachel1786 10-25-2011 12:58 AM

So I e-mailed weaver and they said if horse.com does not exchange it I just need to e-mail them pictures of the broken halter and they will send me a replacement. I love when companies stand behind their products :-) I'm sure I just got a defective halter because I've never had a buckle on any halter snap like that.

Saddlebag 10-25-2011 10:02 PM

I have repaired/replaced numerous halter buckles and always put on a good brass one. Stronger and lasts much longer. Nice to hear Weaver is good for a replacement.