The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Natural Horsemanship (http://www.horseforum.com/natural-horsemanship/)
-   -   Artie 3 months Undersaddle (http://www.horseforum.com/natural-horsemanship/artie-3-months-undersaddle-101307/)

Buckcherry 10-23-2011 10:41 PM

Artie 3 months Undersaddle

This is Artie my Appendix QH that I broke using CA methods. I know me and him aren't perfect but we are a work in progress. Enjoy and please comment thanks

Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

Buckcherry 10-24-2011 04:11 PM

Wondering why I never get any responses on here :shock:

LetAGrlShowU 10-24-2011 04:18 PM

I liked the video. not sure why some posts get more responses than others. but thanks for posting.

tinyliny 10-24-2011 04:37 PM

Please don't post links to Facebook. Would you be so kind as to post the photos directly on the thread?

Buckcherry 10-24-2011 05:32 PM

Well It's a video and I uploaded through facebook. And I didn't know how to upload it on to here sorry.

Endiku 10-24-2011 05:40 PM

you can post it through photobucket ^^ that's what I do with my videos.

Looks like Artie is coming along well though! Breed/age?

2horses 10-24-2011 06:00 PM

He's doing great for 3 months under saddle. It looks like he's learning quickly.

Buckcherry 10-24-2011 06:57 PM

Thanks. He's an appendix Qh has some warmblood to. And he's 3

tinyliny 10-24-2011 09:42 PM

Are you asking for a critique? The only thing I saw that I might comment on was when you had him on the line lunging and asked for changes of directions, yo9u were very abrupt and might have given him a bit more preparedness by slowing your body, lifting the rein to encourage him to flex and lean back onto his haunches a bit before you ask for him to come around and change directions. It just looked like you rushed him and took him by surprise. He looks like a very trusting horse, too.

Same thing when you took up the rein to flex him; the speed you run your hand down the rein should be about equal to the speed you take up the slack in the rein. Give you horse a chance to feel the uptake and he might react to it before you even have any real pull on his mouth. Slow, smooth and steady.

You seem to have a good relationship with him and ride him well.

Buckcherry 10-24-2011 10:28 PM

Thanks. I don't mind critiques.
I was doing lunging for respect stage 2 and your supposed to step in front of the drive line and ask him to change directions it's kind of supposed to be a quick reaction but I am still working on my coordination. Still getting used to clinton andersons method but its working well and we do have a good bond because of it. Thankful u