The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Training (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/)
-   -   Clinton Anderson TV (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/clinton-anderson-tv-101414/)

Ray MacDonald 10-24-2011 09:11 PM

Clinton Anderson TV

Not completely sure this should go here...

But a few days ago I found out that you can now watch Clinton Anderson Training TV show on his website :)

For people like me, We don't get to watch him on TV we can now watch full training videos online! It's really cool!

www.downunderhorsemanship.com

farmpony84 10-24-2011 09:53 PM

I've been watching him as well. I find his ground work stuff quite helpful...

Nomes 10-24-2011 10:47 PM

Yaaay! I'm not able to watch his show either, but i'm so glad it's up on his website! thanks for letting us know! :D

rob 10-25-2011 12:29 AM

you watch these shows and videos.but ask yourself,did i watch this horse grow up and did i see how many times this was tried before going on film?

DraftyAiresMum 10-25-2011 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob (Post 1211030)
you watch these shows and videos.but ask yourself,did i watch this horse grow up and did i see how many times this was tried before going on film?

That's very true, but a lot of his tips and tricks can work on other horses as well, not just the ones he's working with at the moment. Just like any trainer, you take what you like with a grain of salt, leave what you don't like, and use what works best for your horse and you. No one is saying use only Clinton Anderson's methods and you have to think he's some sort of horse training god. :-P I, for one, have used a lot of his techniques on my two-year-old and he's a better horse for it. My friend uses a lot of his techniques, as well, and finds they work for her. Do all his techniques work all the time? Nope. But it's always fun to watch him work and think about things you can do with your horse.

Ray MacDonald 10-29-2011 01:56 PM

And actually, the horses he works with on his shows either have little or no training before he gets them. As you can see a lot of the horses do his exercises badly at first but become good at them.

You can see it when he is working with Tricky the TB. He finds a spot behind his ears that doesn't like to be touched. Clinton stop doing the exercise to work on that spot until he settled down.

greenhorn7 11-02-2011 12:33 AM

I haven't watched the online shows yet, but I've seen many of his RFD TV episodes. I'm using his dvds right now to help train me how to handle my horse since I've been out of the horse world for so long. His instructions have been clear and pretty easy to follow. I talk about our progress at TVhorsetalk
Getting control on the ground has really helped me re-gain my confidence in the saddle. I haven't had a chance to see which episodes he has on the web, but it will be a plus to have his shows available any time.

Buckcherry 11-02-2011 12:45 AM

I have found CA very helpful and its amazing how my horse responds he picks it up sp quickly.