The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Plus Sized Riders (http://www.horseforum.com/plus-sized-riders/)
-   -   Warm boots for cows! (http://www.horseforum.com/plus-sized-riders/warm-boots-cows-101778/)

Golden Horse 10-28-2011 01:48 PM

Warm boots for cows!

Winter is approaching fast and I'm on the lookout for warm boots to ride in during the winter, prefer long boots so I can wade through the snow to get to the horses first!

I have big feet, size 11, and monstrous calves, well cows really, I mean BIG, and when I say cold we are regularly down to -20*C (-4*F), actually we get colder than that, but by then I'm hiding in the house..

Of course I have a small budget, so who can meet that shopping challenge?

tinyliny 10-28-2011 02:22 PM

Golden! you scamp , you! I thought you were looking for boots for your cows!
Honestly!

Speed Racer 10-28-2011 02:25 PM

Yeah tiny, so did I. I wanted to see these boots for cows! :-P

Golden, I shop at Goodwill and the Salvation Army. I found a really nice pair of winter boots for $7.00 at the Salvation Army store several weekends ago.

The only thing I won't buy there is lingerie. I don't want to put something on my bootie that was on someone else's bootie previously. :shock:

Taffy Clayton 10-28-2011 02:54 PM

Muck boots are the best. I have the work boots with the lug soles, so I do not ride in them, but they have all different styles now. I saw a pair that was a tall boot with a wavy sole, I think called a chore boot. They also have boots that look like leather riding boots, no experience if they are warm or not, but the work and chore boots sure are.
Send photos when you get them on the heifers. I'm interested to know how they like them.

MHFoundation Quarters 10-28-2011 02:57 PM

I was hoping to see cows in boots too :(

I've yet to find a pair of winter riding boots with soles I'm comfortable starting colts in. I waterproof my regular riding boots and wear battery heated hunting socks with them. I trudge through the snow in my snow boots and change into riding boots once I'm in the barn.
Posted via Mobile Device

Golden Horse 10-28-2011 03:03 PM

muck boots maybe the thing, I have the chore ones, I wonder about the riding ones

Taffy Clayton 10-28-2011 03:07 PM

they look very nice. I have a catalog that I got at a trade show they have about 30 different styles now. I will have to check out their website,

Taffy Clayton 10-28-2011 03:10 PM

I found theese!!! They look warm yet stylish.

Climate change, artwork

Taffy Clayton 10-28-2011 03:13 PM

My cows want this pair.

Muckboots.com - The Original On-Line Retailer of Muck Boots by The Original Muck Boot Company.

Jake and Dai 10-28-2011 03:23 PM

My cows have a pair of Muckboots. And OMG! I can slip them on barefoot, trudge through knee deep snow, clean the barn, groom the ponies, trudge back to the house and all the while my toes stay toasty warm. I <3 them!

A bit pricey (think I paid around $99 at TSC) but so far they have held up great for 2 years.