The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Correct saddle fit? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/correct-saddle-fit-101816/)

TooHotToTrot 10-28-2011 10:11 PM

Correct saddle fit?

I have a question about my saddle. It is a westernn saddle, with no brand name I have seen. I an look under the horn and see daylight at the otherr end. That iis good, yes? I think my tree may be too wide, because the pommel
sits on her withers, unless I pad up. I using extra padding and effctive way to fix a tree wide? I really would like to avoid buying a n
ew one.. thanks.
Posted via Mobile Device

SaddleOnline 10-28-2011 10:19 PM

Post a picture and I'll be more than happy to critique it for you and make suggestions about improving the fit. You really shouldn't be able to see daylight through the back of a western saddle, if that's what you're saying.

TooHotToTrot 10-28-2011 10:30 PM

I mean is in, along the spine. Thereis room between the spine, and saddle. And I will try to get pictures tomorrow if I ride.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tianimalz 10-28-2011 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TooHotToTrot (Post 1215282)
I mean is in, along the spine. Thereis room between the spine, and saddle. And I will try to get pictures tomorrow if I ride.
Posted via Mobile Device

errr... I'm no expert, but that doesn't sound like it fits right to me, I'm picturing it sitting ON the horse instead of AGAINST it... like WAAY to narrow for the horse's back.

But maybe I'm picturing it wrong?

tinyliny 10-28-2011 10:51 PM

pommel sitting on spine is much baddo. Padding up with blankets is unlikely to do enough to make that acceptable. I very highly recommend you look for a better fitting saddle. It is too wide in front. Not only is a saddle resting on the wither bone going to creat really bad pain, but it may also not fit in the angle of the tree bars , right behind the shoulders. It's very bad news. Don't use this a day longer than necessary.