The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   Good For Only Three Months? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/good-only-three-months-101977/)

HorseLoverHunter 10-30-2011 03:43 PM

Good For Only Three Months?

8 Attachment(s)
I have only been riding 3 months at my new barn in Kansas after a 2 year break. It is like starting all over again from the beginning, except you somewhat know what your doing. I am 14 and I am just wondering if I am making good progress for my age, and for how long I have been riding? I ride once a week, and might be taking lessons twice a week in a couple of weeks. I know that people progress at different rates, etc. I am just wondering what everyone else things! I currently jump 2"-2"6' and do Hunters. One thing my trainer hates is when people ride in 2-point the whole time around their course or at least lean forward in a little bit less then a half seat. So, my trainer said starting November, EVERYONE at the barn riding in Hunters and Jumpers is going to be riding bareback for the WHOLE month! =-/ Joy!! :roll: Hehe anyways... here are some recent pictures and videos! The last one was from today.

BornToRun 10-30-2011 04:22 PM

It's been a while since I've ridden Hunter/Jumper, but I'd say for three months you looked pretty darn good to me! Bareback for the whole month? That'd be wicked!

HorseLoverHunter 10-30-2011 04:31 PM

Thanks! And I know! I am happy and scared at the same time! I am not very balanced without stirrups! Oh well! =)

BornToRun 10-30-2011 04:39 PM

Oh well, I guess you'll learn XD

HorseLoverHunter 10-30-2011 04:39 PM

Yupp! =)

horsemadgirl 10-30-2011 05:27 PM

Wow! hats really! good! Better than me..

equiniphile 10-30-2011 05:35 PM

Your position is great for having taken such a long break, but I don't think your trainer should have you jumping just yet. You have a few balance issues that could use some attention before you add jumps to the equatio.

HorseLoverHunter 10-30-2011 05:57 PM

Thanks! And yeah, for some reason I put to much balance in my left foot (NO Idea why) Even if I try to put all my weight in my right foot, my trainer says I need more weight in it!

eventerdrew 10-30-2011 06:32 PM

Where do you ride? I'm from Kansas :)

HorseLoverHunter 10-30-2011 11:26 PM

Oh cool! I ride near Manhattan at Dry Creek!