The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Barn Maintenance (http://www.horseforum.com/barn-maintenance/)
-   -   Barn of some drama (http://www.horseforum.com/barn-maintenance/barn-some-drama-101986/)

silverado 10-30-2011 05:46 PM

Barn of some drama

I started by leasing my horse at the barn he has lived at for many years, from the owner of the barn. Then I bought my horse, and have been there about a year. boarding. We bought land, built a small barn, and are selling our house, to build a small home there. The economy being bad, it may take awhile. I'm thinking the owner now regrets selling their horse, as they did have him a long time. I get nasty comments at times, like why aren't you riding that horse, or I get the silent treatment. They know he is well cared for. I don't ride about 4 or more times a week, like I believe they expected, but I am there, brushing him, etc. I ride 1-2 times a week. He is in his upper teens, and remembers his training. I also have a teenage girl who rides him now and then, they know. It is hard going there at times, knowing I will have to deal with some drama. I heard there are some people who don't see their horses much, because they are treated the same. I do not want to be rude, and I try to just ignore. I also had said at one time I was being hollered at, if they wanted me to move sooner. Then it got alittle better, but it depends on their mood that day. I feel and a few others feel like we are being treated like kids, having to hear that stuff. People have told me to leave, then to have to put up with that, but I think I need to hang in there, till we really move. Any opinions?

KissTheRing 10-30-2011 07:37 PM

I suggest hanging in there! If you feel the absolute need to move do so, but make sure the new place is better or just as good.

And if I were you I would tell the nasty people off- But your not me luckily =)

Iseul 10-30-2011 08:08 PM

As for OP, I would just stick it out and do what you gotta do until you're ready to move to your own barn. If you want them to stop complaining or picking at things you do, ask that teen if she'd like to ride a few extra days, etc. Unless a horse is in training or green, they should be fine with just pleasure riding twice a week or so.
It's not their horse anymore, so they really shouldn't be saying anything. They don't have anythingto complain about since you aren't "messing up" their horse.
Anyway, goodluck to ya. Both with your horse and that new property that sounds like something I'm probably jealous of. ;p
Posted via Mobile Device

silverado 10-30-2011 09:57 PM

my mistake then. I did an editing, and didn't place the word in the right place. Please excuse me, it was not intentional. I didn't mean to start a problem here.

starlinestables 10-31-2011 12:34 AM

At this point I would just kill them with kindness. It doesn't sound bad enough to leave.

silverado 10-31-2011 10:32 AM

Thankyou! That is exactly what my mom said to do. My hubby says tell them to knock it off, or I can move now. I really don't want to move early, and then move again about 2 1/2 hours north of here. Once is enough, so I have to hang in there. It just makes me feel unfortable going out there, knowing I may have to deal with the attitude thing. Their son is taking over, and he and his wife are very nice people.They all have done nice things for kids over the years, but they also need to realize that as long as people are taking good care of their horses, they need to back off on the negative comments. Some people just don't care to ride all the time. They just want to enjoy their horse, being that they just walk them around, brush them, or sit down and visit them.

kait18 10-31-2011 11:16 AM

i would tell them to shove it... personally your paying for good care for your horse and a decent atmospehere. if your not getting it i would sure as hell speak my mind. i hate when people are rude to my face therefore i don't take it... :) long story short say something and stick it out. and after i spoke up if they ever said anything again i would laugh at them and be like your still talking and walk away. i like to make things interesting as you see :) i take lots of movie lines lol

mls 10-31-2011 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kait18 (Post 1217574)
i would tell them to shove it... personally your paying for good care for your horse and a decent atmospehere. if your not getting it i would sure as hell speak my mind. i hate when people are rude to my face therefore i don't take it... :) long story short say something and stick it out. and after i spoke up if they ever said anything again i would laugh at them and be like your still talking and walk away. i like to make things interesting as you see :) i take lots of movie lines lol

WRONG attitude. The horse world is small. Being a diva, drama queen or outright B!tch isn't going to help at all.

OP - they are probably jealous you are moving to your own piece of heaven. Smile and know it will be over in a short while!

kait18 10-31-2011 11:55 AM

mls - i just meant speak your mind and tell how you feel. i use movie lines because i find it funny and easier for me to express my feelings but its up to each individual. they are showing her no respect and that bothers me.
but i agree they seem jealous!!!

kitten_Val 10-31-2011 11:55 AM

I'd just ignore. As long as you know your horse gets nice care and attention from you who cares what others think. :wink: