The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   English Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/)
-   -   Help With The Posting Trot :) (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/help-posting-trot-102009/)

Barrel Baby 10-30-2011 09:13 PM

Help With The Posting Trot :)

Hi!
I have just started riding english! :) i have read many books, watched many shows, instructional vidoes and have been riding western for a looonnng time! :) i also cant afford an instructor. I also thought it would be nice for a new change in disciplne of riding! My horse is perfect for english and i really need your opinons so i dont make a BAD HABIT in the beggining of my english riding. :) while western is diffrent from english i have practiced posting the trot in my western saddle. i later found out that its harder in the english saddle lolz!!

i really need help with what you guys did to perfect your posting!

any methods/exercises that will help me become good that really helped you?

Passion4Horses 10-31-2011 12:06 AM

First off, posting should be a somewhat small movement, you do not really need to push yourself up at all, the horses movement moves you up and then you need to use your core and leg muscles to lower yourself quietly back down in the saddle.
When I first started posting I was making it a huge movement and it took a lot of effort for me to post, well that was because I was riding in a chair seat, now I have started to really work on getting my legs in the proper head,hip, heel alignment and it has really made posting effortless.

Also you probably know about diaginals but this is how I remembered what diaginal to post with- rise and fall with the leg on the wall.

Hope I helped!

Barrel Baby 11-01-2011 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passion4Horses (Post 1217310)
First off, posting should be a somewhat small movement, you do not really need to push yourself up at all, the horses movement moves you up and then you need to use your core and leg muscles to lower yourself quietly back down in the saddle.
When I first started posting I was making it a huge movement and it took a lot of effort for me to post, well that was because I was riding in a chair seat, now I have started to really work on getting my legs in the proper head,hip, heel alignment and it has really made posting effortless.

Also you probably know about diaginals but this is how I remembered what diaginal to post with- rise and fall with the leg on the wall.

Hope I helped!

Thanks abunch!!!!