The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   I need some moral support - quick! (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/i-need-some-moral-support-quick-102089/)

Equus_girl 10-31-2011 06:00 PM

I need some moral support - quick!

I am freaking out - hyperventilating! I am here at work at a hardware store. I just went back to the back room to get some water and as I stepped backwards I stepped on a MOUSE - it was big too! I screamed and ran out of there. When I ventured to go back it was dead on the floor.

This place is over run by mice. We must have caught at least 20 in the past couple months.

I just can't stop shaking - I can still feel that mouse squish under my foot. Poor little mouse, poor me - AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

equiniphile 10-31-2011 06:01 PM

(((HUGS))) We found (and quickly kicked out) a mouse in our house last week. We've NEVER had one in the house, and it just about put my mom over the edge.

Equus_girl 10-31-2011 06:02 PM

We had one in our house a couple weeks ago too - but at least it was small, alive and I didn't STEP on it!!! My mom hates mice too - I must have got it from her!

LittleZeasel 10-31-2011 06:06 PM

I'm sorry to hear that you had to deal with that. Squishing mice isn't an overly pleasant feeling. Been there, done that, however it wasn't a hardware store, but my living room where my cat decided to bring a mouse in. It was still alive (barely) and in my tries to save it from my cat, who could not stop darting between my legs and toward the mouse, in order to not step on the cat, I sidestepped and hit the mouse instead. So yes, not a pleasant feeling.
By now, I am used to my cats bringing in all kinds of critters. Most times quite dead...

As for the rampantness of the mice: I guess that is really something the hardware owner should look at - I mean, I am sure he doesn't want to sell a conveyor belt for a car that's half eaten up by mice, or something in that manner. And mice can - especially in masses - be quite destructive...

Sit down a little and take a couple of deep breaths. Accidents happen. (.. when bad things happen to good adventurers... ). Let's look at the silver lining: It's a hardware store, and not a restaurant you are working at ;c) *jkg*

Equus_girl 10-31-2011 06:12 PM

You are right! I'm glad I didn't have a customer in here when I shrieked! I would have scared them too! I'm calming down a little now - our accountant came in so I told her all about it. My boss has been sealing up the places they are getting in so I hope that helps - I just might the next time! lol!

smrobs 10-31-2011 06:12 PM

Yuck, that's a horrible feeling...and sound :-(.

Hmmm....hardware store.... I assume privately owned? If so, you might talk to the boss about getting a couple of good cats. They would take care of the mouse problem in a hurry.

THN 10-31-2011 06:15 PM

when nobody is looking scoop it up and take it to your bosses desk and switch out his mouse with yours. he may get the point. if not atleast everyone else will get a good laugh.

Equus_girl 10-31-2011 06:17 PM

LOL - that would be hilarious! I dunno though! He has been catching a lot so I hope the problem will be resolved soon. Cats would be a good idea - maybe he should do that. I'll mention it.

Joe4d 10-31-2011 06:19 PM

get you an alley cat

Equus_girl 10-31-2011 06:20 PM

My boss is a big joker so he'll probably say that he won't bother setting any more traps, he'll just let me stomp on them!