The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Trail Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/trail-riding/)
-   -   TODAY WAS THES BEST! (http://www.horseforum.com/trail-riding/today-thes-best-10213/)

Chaddd 06-15-2008 11:27 PM

TODAY WAS THES BEST!

I went trail riding today at Fair Hill Park, MD and it was a blast. The trail horse I ride, Capri jumped everythingg! And she didnt even flinch at the carriages that passed every so often for their event. I know you may be like why is this kid posting about some dumb thing, but im just excited how good she actually did. I was surprised though cuz we only rode for two hours, we usually do three or four, and my right knee felt really weird. Maybe i just havent been riding as much so im gettin out of shape, idk?

mlkarel2010 06-15-2008 11:29 PM

wow, sounds like so much fun!! i've never really jumped, but i bet it would be a blast!

BackintheSaddle2 06-15-2008 11:30 PM

Sounds like you had a great ride! When I used to do a lot of trail riding we would come back in super exhilerated and just want to laugh at the world. So I understand your feeling. Can't wait to do it again.

Chaddd 06-15-2008 11:36 PM

Haha it was so hot i was a little bit more tired than exhilerated, but i love galloping through the woods jumping logs, its the most adrenalin rushing thing for me lol.

PoptartShop 06-16-2008 12:02 AM

Aww, that's awesome! Glad you had a good time. :D

barefoothooves 06-16-2008 12:28 PM

I think it's nice to hear about fun stuff, not just asking for help with problems. It's okay to brag!

mlkarel2010 06-16-2008 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barefoothooves
I think it's nice to hear about fun stuff, not just asking for help with problems. It's okay to brag!

Amen! problems get old fast

buckaroo2010 06-18-2008 02:16 PM

Sounds like you had a blast!!! :)

I don't like jumping on a trail ride idk why lol I guess its because I ahve never jumped my horses before and the last trail ride I was on we were galloping up a hill and there was a tree down and I didnt have time to stop and i wasnt ready at all and he jumped it and LOl it was so funny both my feet came out of the sturrips and to this day I still have no clue how I stayed on. I think i had a angel with me that day holding me in my saddle LOL :lol:

My2Geldings 06-18-2008 07:09 PM

Sounds like you guys had fun.

Barbarosa 06-21-2008 06:28 AM

Sounds like a great time!....I wish I new how to jump. My wife and I owned a TB mare that was trained to be a jumper, The owner/trainer said she never refused a jump. We spent the next two years training her to step over trail obstacles and not jumping on first impulse. We ended up selling her to a riding school. the schools trainer came out and brought her own jumps. We were'nt sure she remembered how.. The trainer loped her around a bit and she never clicked a hoof on a jump. The mare then stopped and looked over at our other trail ponys and us, as if to say "now see what I can do"?...... as Roy Rodgers said "When you're young and you fall off a horse you might break something, when you're my age you splatter. :shock: "