The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   English Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/)
-   -   Hunter jumper trainers in Iowa? (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/hunter-jumper-trainers-iowa-102139/)

Hunterjumper18 11-01-2011 03:10 AM

Hunter jumper trainers in Iowa?

Hey guys! Not sure if there are many riders from Iowa but Im wondering if there are any hunter jumper trainers in Iowa? Im looking to send my coming 3 year old Tazz to a trainer in the spring. If anybody knows of any please let me know. Thank you!

Corazon Lock 12-26-2011 11:18 PM

Depends where you live. I know there's a few down in the Des Moines area and the Ames area. I've heard of Matiff (sp?) Farms and I went to a show at Valley Park Stables in Des Moines. That seemed to be a really nice place. There's also a stable in Waverly, but I've heard good and bad things about the instructor. I was going to board my horse in the neighboring stable (but my plans changed) and they said the instructor at the h/j stable wasn't a very good people person. I go to Camelot Equestrian Centre in Joice. I love my instructor, she's wonderful, and her rates are very reasonable. There's not much for northern Iowa, but I think east and south there are more options.

gypsygirl 12-27-2011 11:08 AM

i know some trainers in des moines too, not sure where youre located

Hunterjumper18 02-01-2012 03:45 AM

I live in cedar rapids. The farthest I would want him to go would be 2 hours. That way I could at least go out on the weekends and ride so that we can learn together
Posted via Mobile Device

Poco1220 02-01-2012 04:04 AM

Might want to check out Huntermark in Coal Valley, IL. It's not Iowa but its only about an hour and a half from you. You can google them for their website too.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hunterjumper18 02-01-2012 04:04 AM

Awesome thanks :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Poco1220 02-01-2012 04:08 AM

They also host a lot of shows so once you got your horse going it would be a nice place to be able to try lower levels.
Posted via Mobile Device

eventerdrew 02-01-2012 03:36 PM

Not sure where she's located, but Camie Stockhausen does eventing/jumpers

Field Day