The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   What should I do with all my old Ribbons? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/what-should-i-do-all-my-102169/)

southerncowgirl93 11-01-2011 12:50 PM

What should I do with all my old Ribbons?
 
Well, I just recently finished my 4-H show career. I have shown in 4-H since 2004. Through those shows, and saddle club shows, I accumulated hundreds of ribbons. And now, I'm moving on to larger, breed shows. I don't want to throw all of my ribbons away, I don't want to pack them in a box, but I can't just leave them hanging on the wall. There are way too many of them, and it looks kind of messy. There are some ribbons I will keep, like my tri-colored ribbons from our state shows, and ribbons from the Southern Regional shows. But most of the ribbons are needing something done with them. Does anyone have any creative ideas or suggestions? Pictures of examples would be great if you have them. Thanks!!!!!

Red Gate Farm 11-01-2011 12:59 PM

How about a ribbon quilt?

Horse Show Ribbon Quilt

You could also make some throw pillows to go with it. Toss it over the couch in the tack room and voila!

Sahara 11-01-2011 01:22 PM

You can donate them to a horse club to use at fun shows.

southerncowgirl93 11-01-2011 01:31 PM

Those are both great ideas! I know I can for sure donate some of them. Red Gate, any idea how much a quilt or a throw pillow would cost?

wetrain17 11-01-2011 01:59 PM

I had a quilt made out of mine. They did a really nice job on it. Its a little pricey, but they have all types of designs.

Red Gate Farm 11-01-2011 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southerncowgirl93 (Post 1218845)
Those are both great ideas! I know I can for sure donate some of them. Red Gate, any idea how much a quilt or a throw pillow would cost?

Each quilter will have their own price range, depending on the area you live in, and how large you want the quilt.

If you're handy with sewing, you can try to make your own! :D

DraftyAiresMum 11-01-2011 03:28 PM

I work at Goodwill and we had someone donate a TON of horse show ribbons a while back. They were priced out fairly cheaply and sold like hot cakes. Many were purchased by teachers to use as rewards in their classrooms (they put a sticker or something over the horse embossed in the middle of the rosette). Just an idea.

southerncowgirl93 11-01-2011 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Gate Farm (Post 1218961)
Each quilter will have their own price range, depending on the area you live in, and how large you want the quilt.

If you're handy with sewing, you can try to make your own! :D

Haha. I'm not too sure how that would go..... lol!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DraftyAiresMum (Post 1218974)
I work at Goodwill and we had someone donate a TON of horse show ribbons a while back. They were priced out fairly cheaply and sold like hot cakes. Many were purchased by teachers to use as rewards in their classrooms (they put a sticker or something over the horse embossed in the middle of the rosette). Just an idea.

I think I will donate some back for sure. Never thought of Goodwill!

VelvetsAB 11-01-2011 03:55 PM

If you have a therapeutic (sp?) riding center around you, they might enjoy the ribbons for their kids.

Ribbons quilts are also another good keepsake.

You could find a large, clear glass vase, and stuff ribbons into it, so that the rosette part shows.

You could put some of your "most important ribbons" in a shadow box, with the rosettes showing again.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0