The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Protection (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-protection/)
-   -   TWH horses, cruel or not? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-protection/twh-horses-cruel-not-102212/)

.Delete. 11-01-2011 07:12 PM

TWH horses, cruel or not?
 
Just curious, with showing TWH horses, the pads the chains the weight. Im not too sure where i stand on this because i do not know that much information on it. I would like to learn more on it and peoples opinions on it. Here is a video of them, i know its a cruelty video but it has good footage of horses in the ring. So, humane or not?


muumi 11-02-2011 10:31 AM

not even a question. inhumane. very very cruel and inhumane.
and unnatural. why is that monstrous exaggerated version of the gait even considered attractive? i personally much prefer the natural barefoot version of it (there was a short snippet of it in the video).

WHEN and IF this happens, its truly Evil.

but i guess thats all i can say, as i dont know firsthand myself when and where this happens, and have nothing to do with the TWH world, i also only get my information from news reports etc, so this is just another outsider's opinion.

.Delete. 11-02-2011 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muumi (Post 1219924)
but i guess thats all i can say, as i dont know firsthand myself when and where this happens, and have nothing to do with the TWH world, i also only get my information from news reports etc, so this is just another outsider's opinion.

Agreed. I know this subject has been run dry on here and i really should have searched for threads on this instead of starting a new one.

But i guess this is along the same lines as weighted shoes they put on flat seat horses.

gigem88 11-02-2011 10:40 AM

Very cruel in my book. The trainers (and I use the term loosely) go to great lengths to hide what they do as well as threaten people who try and stop them. If you gotta hide it or try to hide it, you know that it's wrong.

skycon 11-02-2011 10:46 AM

Well, I was clueless to this type of training. So incredibly sad how people take this route in order to train horses. It is not "training" at all. Defiantly abusive. I once knew someone who tied a horse's head up high in their stall so that, come showtime, it would keep it nice and low because of the strain and tiredness. I feel that some people are only equestrians for the sport and do not share our love for horses.

muumi 11-02-2011 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .Delete. (Post 1219932)
Agreed. I know this subject has been run dry on here and i really should have searched for threads on this instead of starting a new one.

But i guess this is along the same lines as weighted shoes they put on flat seat horses.

personally, i think we cant talk about this type of thing enough...
so yay for starting another thread.

.Delete. 11-02-2011 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skycon (Post 1219939)
Well, I was clueless to this type of training. So incredibly sad how people take this route in order to train horses. It is not "training" at all. Defiantly abusive. I once knew someone who tied a horse's head up high in their stall so that, come showtime, it would keep it nice and low because of the strain and tiredness. I feel that some people are only equestrians for the sport and do not share our love for horses.

Thats really common

Kiviknon 11-02-2011 10:54 AM

I've always said if I ever win the lottery, I'm hiring a lobbying firm and getting the laws, and funding needed to crack down on these people. Soring is another huge hot spot for me. I've been known to beat a guy down if I see him abusing his horses.

.Delete. 11-02-2011 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiviknon (Post 1219955)
I've always said if I ever win the lottery, I'm hiring a lobbying firm and getting the laws, and funding needed to crack down on these people. Soring is another huge hot spot for me. I've been known to beat a guy down if I see him abusing his horses.

To the people doing this its perfectly ok. There is a very wide range of what can be considered abuse, its all personal opinion. Like i see nothing wrong with tying around a horse to their tail. But many people see that as absolutely disgusting.

skycon 11-02-2011 10:58 AM

She was the only person I have heard about doing that. What a lazy way to get a low head.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0