The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   writing (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/writing-10251/)

farmpony84 06-16-2008 08:45 PM

writing

so... i've decided to write a book... i got like 12 pages done and then got stumped so i thought... i'll write a different book, got a whole bunch of pages done... got stumped... how do i know if it's dumb? can you send those to publishers? how do you keep them from getting stolen, what if it sucks, geuss they wouldnt publish it if it sucked... do you think i could really write a book? if i posted some of it online, would you read it? where would i put it? under stories and poems? hmmmm....

Moxie 06-16-2008 09:02 PM

I'd read it for you and give honest criticism. :D

mlkarel2010 06-16-2008 10:30 PM

I'd read it, and i'd say put it in stories and poems

sorry, no idea how to protect it from being stolen

Vidaloco 06-16-2008 10:50 PM

One of my life ambitions is to write a book. I have 2 going at the moment. Its so easy to start them and very difficult to finish. I let family read mine (the big readers). Everyone says they're great and I need to finish but I have been blocked for a year :lol: Mine always lean to the harlequin romance type :shock:
There is lots of information on the web for getting something published. I would start there. I have a couple of books too so you might check out your local book store.
Here are a couple of sites to check out
http://www.caderbooks.com/pubfaq.html

http://www.forwriters.com/

farmpony84 06-17-2008 11:30 AM

I think that is what mine would end up being... harlequinn romance type, although I'm not sure I could pull off the sex scene.... and you know every harlequinn has at least one......

....she felt a tingle go up her spine... fireworks, explosions... blah blah blah....

so you dont actually send your book in the beginning? you send the idea nad then if they are interested you send the book? I'm never going to get past the first several pages!!!

horsey*kisses 06-18-2008 11:25 PM

i have millions of started not finished stories lol i agree its very hard to finish one, you just have to be determined and keep all of your mind open in case you come up with something that you hadnt thought of before,
and let plenty of people read them! me and my friends have a switch going she gives me chapters and i give her chapters, she has read almost every story i have ever started to write
about the publishing thing, hmmm...i've never even tried to get that far i usually just write because i can, but i suppose if you find a good publisher (online or through a friend maybe) then you definatly have a chance of getting a book published
and i would read your stories and give you contructive critisim on them if you want to post them
hope i helped!

farmpony84 06-19-2008 10:59 AM

i put the start of one under stories and poems...

FGRanch 06-19-2008 01:17 PM

I would be willing to read and I'm a tough critic. I love reading but it takes a really good writer to get me into a book and keep me wanting more. There are very few writers that can keep me interested.

farmpony84 06-19-2008 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FehrGroundRanch
I would be willing to read and I'm a tough critic. I love reading but it takes a tough critic to get me into a book and keep me wanting more. There are very few writers that can keep me interested.

cool, then you would be a good critic, it's under poems and it says could i write a book... i just put the start of it in there to see if it's even interesting...

My2Geldings 06-19-2008 03:11 PM

That is such a great idea. I have always wanted to write a book but there are so many things that interest me, so many things I would want to write about, I don't if I would ever be able to write one.

Good for you for putting one together, nothing can stop you from doing it.

the movie "PS I love you" was actually written by a girl your age which obviously turned into a big blockbuster movie. Go for it!