The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   What do you think? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/what-do-you-think-102650/)

supermissdeedee 11-06-2011 03:12 PM

What do you think?

http://www.dreamhorse.com/show_horse.php?form_horse_id=1726428

I know I know you can't tell a huge amount from the photo. She would be my first horse (If I got her, and yes I do have enough knowledge to finish training a 5 year old, and my trainer is just a phone call away)

Im really bad at comfromation (Don't know why though) so I was hoping you would help me out here, she would be used for pleasure, and later on jumping or cross country. So does she have good comfromation?

Thanks!

Brighteyes 11-06-2011 03:18 PM

I'm not expert, but let's take a crack! :)

She has an overly long, thinish neck and a huge head. She's post legged in the back and possibly cow hocked. Her pasterns are thin and weak looking. Her cannon bones are also pretty thin. Generally, she looks very... Off balanced. Disproportionate.

She just looks like she doesn't have enough bone to support her body weight. I would not use a horse with legs that off for jumping.

csimkunas6 11-06-2011 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brighteyes (Post 1224302)
I'm not expert, but let's take a crack! :)

She has an overly long, thinish neck and a huge head. She's post legged in the back and possibly cow hocked. Her pasterns are thin and weak looking. Her cannon bones are also pretty thin. Generally, she looks very... Off balanced. Disproportionate.

She just looks like she doesn't have enough bone to support her body weight. I would not use a horse with legs that off for jumping.

Do you think maybe its the angle they are taking the photo at? I know if I take a pic of Rodeo at a certain angle, he looks very thin necked, and big headed as well.....just asking ;D

supermissdeedee 11-06-2011 05:06 PM

Ok well I got a few more here!
MUST LOOK!Egyptian Arabian gelding - SS AMEER AL KOUL

$800 or best offer. will trade for a donkey - Sanger (That one is gonna be hard for comfro)

*NOVEMBER SPECIAL* *NEW PRICE* - JETTAAMOURA

csimkunas6 11-06-2011 05:10 PM

To me, and only in my opinion, I like the Appy the best. I like that they actually took the time to take decent confo shots of him....I cant really tell a whole lot for the other two due to no decent confo shots....Arab looks pretty....

There is something about the Appy's neck I dont like though, not sure what it is tho ;D

Golden Horse 11-06-2011 05:16 PM

Out of all of them the last one would be my choice, as csim says at least they have put up decent conformation shots that's the way to sell a horse

supermissdeedee 11-06-2011 05:25 PM

Unless you want a show horse in my area comformation doesnt matter, if you can ride it it's good. :|

jumanji321 11-06-2011 05:46 PM

Oh dear, that's a very heavy topic on this forum. The general idea is that conformation does matter if you want the horse to last a long time.

Golden Horse 11-06-2011 05:47 PM

Conformation matter a whole lot more than you may think, it affects a horses stride and how comfortable they are, their chances of living a sound life as a trail horse, what weight they can carry etc etc.

I agree they don't need to be perfect, but you sure as heck need to either learn, or have some one else pick your horse horse for you, or you could end up with a wreck that you can do nothing with.

supermissdeedee 11-06-2011 07:29 PM

Tobiano Paint Gelding | Buy this Horse at Equine.com
Better?