The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   English Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/)
-   -   No-Saddle November (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/no-saddle-november-102668/)

HorseLoverHunter 11-06-2011 06:21 PM

No-Saddle November

1 Attachment(s)
Heh... well, it's November! At my barn they are having a No-Saddle November and a Stirrupless December! So, with that, it is my first time really riding bareback! When I was about 10, I did have one bareback lesson, but it was mostly walk/trot. Today, I walked, trotted, cantered, and jumped (very small!)! Fell of twice while cantering! Before I went and cantered, she said that many people at my level and above fell off at least four to six times! I am so proud! Here's our first video!

No-Saddle November; Baby, You and I - YouTube

And a picture!

Idlepastures 11-06-2011 06:23 PM

Thats awesome!!! My horse has horrible thin/high withers, so bareback is rather painful! I'm jealous!

HorseLoverHunter 11-06-2011 06:44 PM

Oh this was painful too! Her withers aren't that high, but she has a very bony back! =/ =)

cakemom 11-07-2011 07:58 PM

We are doing no saddle November, modified. Once a week jumping and trotting bareback. December is for DRESSAGE, where we will focus on those skills, January is for jump girl jump, where my daughter insists I must learn to jump my mare, and February is the last she has planned....with February follies...she wants to do a dressage to music freestyle pattern. As you can see, she is in charge of me, and I just listen....
Posted via Mobile Device

HorseLoverHunter 11-07-2011 08:00 PM

Haha that sounds great! =)

cakemom 11-08-2011 10:15 AM

Seemed such a great idea....today I feel old ;). Bareback trotting is for the young, but we shall perservere.
Posted via Mobile Device

SorrelHorse 11-08-2011 11:08 AM

That is an absolutely FABLULOUS idea.....I love it!

Corporal 11-08-2011 11:11 AM

What FUN!!

kait18 11-08-2011 11:23 AM

looks like fun... my guy has a very point spine or atleast it feels that way :)... very uncomfortable but it is interesting/lots of fun to ride bareback... lots of falls... keep it up. you will great balance and good seat

MHFoundation Quarters 11-08-2011 11:45 AM

Cute idea! I do a lot of bareback work with my students, they'd probably love No saddle November!

Sounds like your daughter has it out for you cakemom ;)