The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   Bareback Critic (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/bareback-critic-102690/)

HorseLoverHunter 11-06-2011 10:57 PM

Bareback Critic

I know I have posted this in the english section, but I want people to critic it too. =) Bareback lesson from today. First time!

haleylvsshammy 11-06-2011 11:02 PM

You seemed to be leaning to the inside of the circle during your flatwork. Try to stay centered over your horse, and don't lean.

No posting bareback? C'mon, it's more fun that way! :D

HorseLoverHunter 11-06-2011 11:06 PM

Thanks! yeah that's what we were working on the most (the leaning), but I didn't lean going the other way! I always put more weight on my left side no matter what, so I shall be fixing that soon. =) and Nope! I passed on the posting! But I am guessing we are doing that next week.

beauforever23 11-07-2011 08:36 PM

This is your first time riding bareback?
I noticed you are leaning a lot to the inside, like said above try to stay centered over your horse. Remember heels down, toes to nose(that's how my new trainer is teaching me to keep my heels down) :) Other than that I think you did fairly well. Nothing I can really point out other than that.

HorseLoverHunter 11-07-2011 09:02 PM

Thanks! The leaning while making a circle (or inside) is my major thing! And yeah, it is my first time riding bareback!

Goosey 11-08-2011 06:32 AM

Looked like you were about to tip right off into the inside of the circle, but otherwise great for your first time bareback :) try and relax a little more to really absorb the movement! :)

hflmusicislife 11-13-2011 01:24 PM

Someone said heels down... But I read an article somewhere (Practical Horseman, perhaps?) that was talking about perfecting the sit trot. It said putting your heels down causes you to tighten the muscles or something, so it's harder to not bounce and move correctly with the horse. Someone correct me if I'm wrong in saying that please...

Anyway, I think everyone has pretty much covered everything. For being your first time bareback I thought you looked great :)

kendrawrrr 11-18-2011 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hflmusicislife (Post 1231765)
Someone said heels down... But I read an article somewhere (Practical Horseman, perhaps?) that was talking about perfecting the sit trot. It said putting your heels down causes you to tighten the muscles or something, so it's harder to not bounce and move correctly with the horse. Someone correct me if I'm wrong in saying that please...

Anyway, I think everyone has pretty much covered everything. For being your first time bareback I thought you looked great :)

That could be true.. My trainer had me keep my heels down. Saying that it was helping me anchor myself and keep my balance. Which it sure did! haha

LetAGrlShowU 11-18-2011 10:45 AM

Is that your first time bareback or first time doing a lesson bareback? I have only ridden bareback 3 times, and you are FAR better than me. I was afraid you were going to lean and fall off your horse, but its the same fear I have. Of course, continue working on your balance, but you have to start somewhere, right? :) Good job.

HorseLoverHunter 11-18-2011 12:52 PM

Both. Lol, I have like... no balance, so this is really good for me.. =)