The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   Critique! Budweiser (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/critique-budweiser-102901/)

Goodbye13lueSky 11-08-2011 11:09 PM

Critique! Budweiser

5 Attachment(s)
I have had him for 2 months now. He is about 10 yrs old and 14.3-15 hands.

Photo 1 is when we got him.
The others are from just today. Sorry for the one sideways photo :-(

critique, before and after, whatever you see. I know the photos could be better but it's what I could get. I don't think they are TOOOO bad.....

Well thanks ahead of time!

bubba13 11-08-2011 11:15 PM

Hmmmm. Honestly, his condition looked better when you got him than now, and he looks a tad old for his age. I see a lot of detioration along the topline.

Structurally, he's fairly solid. Got an odd-shaped back. Not sure if I'd call it true lordosis or what, but it deeps down before peaking on a steep croup. The angle of his pelvis, I think, is too rocked back and disengaged from his midsection. Legs are good, but are they actually that thick, or chronically stocked up, or what? The right hind in the first pic almost looks like it's got lympedema going on. What's his breeding?

Goodbye13lueSky 11-08-2011 11:22 PM

We have no idea his breeding. Paint somethin....he is just thick...all bone (and some winter fuzz). He's been getting less work since I got him so that could aid his loss of top line and new found hay belly.... We started off pretty slow. He put on weight though. He had funny dips above his pelvis on top that the photo doesn't show and was sunken in just behind his ribs. In person I thought he looked better that he did when we got him, but as for the photos, I agree and was even hesitant on posting them. Perhaps because the first was taken with a camera and the others with my cell phone.

Goodbye13lueSky 11-08-2011 11:23 PM

and it is a cut in the first pic. its healed up but the cream mom put on it in hopes of growing some hair back attracts dirt...very well.