The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Meet the Community (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/)
-   -   Hi all! (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/hi-all-103/)

horseluva215 12-06-2006 03:17 PM

Hi all!

8) What's up? I just bought my first horse, and I figured it would be good to get in touch with other people so I could be sure about everything I do. I've had a lot of riding experience over the years, and took formal english lessons for a long time. Unfortunately, my instructor was more interested in having me compete than making it fun, so there came a bad end to that whole story, and now I've finally got my own horse. I haven't ridden in a while, so I'm really out of shape. However, I am the most experienced rider in my family.

The horse that we got is a 16-year-old, 15 hand, paint gelding. He is a wonderful horse for my family. We've bought half of him, and when he's delivered this coming Sunday, we'll pay the rest. Even though my parents insist that we will all share equal responsibility over him, I have a feeling that I will be his main handler and caretaker, as I am with our dogs and goats.

I don't mind, and I love animals, but it puts me in a position where I must be passive in my instructions and handling of the horse. Otherwise I would be accused of hogging the horse, and in my family, that could give you a lot of grief. Therefore, I need to make sure that everything I say and do is the right thing.

I make it sound like a lot of pressure, but after a while, especially this winter, I'm sure that I'll gain the right of owner when I'm the only one riding him and taking care of him out in the freezing weather. :)

sammiwhiskers2k6 12-06-2006 03:54 PM

welcome and congrats on getting ur first horse, got any pics?! and yes i no winters dismal and it seems like summers never going to come but it will! its worth it! im here if you need me! have fun :D