The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Meet the Community (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/)
-   -   Hello from Alberta (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/hello-alberta-103093/)

Tsaraph 11-10-2011 09:38 PM

Hello from Alberta

Just stopping by to introduce myself and my horse. My name is Louise, and my horse's name is Sheena. We've known each other for just over a year, but she became mine less than a week ago. I'm looking forward to developing a friendship with my first ever horse. She's already 25 years old, so I'm hoping and praying I'll have a few good years with her yet.

We're up in Alberta, Canada, so will soon have to contend with cold weather, but I'm hoping that if it's too cold to go riding, we can at least do some ground work over the winter. Apparently, there is plenty to teach a horse from the ground :D. It's not really a question I've asked before, but I'm going on the premise that a horse is never too old to learn. Of course, if I'm wrong on that, please feel free to correct me.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to being a part of this equine community and learning from all of you.

amp23 11-10-2011 10:23 PM

Welcome to the forum :) I'm sure you can learn a lot from the people that are on here, just keep an open mind and take in all the information you can!

tinyliny 11-11-2011 02:37 AM

Welcom here. There are quite a few members from Alberta. Great country!
We look forward to hearing what you decide to do with those wintery days and your discoveries as you get to know each other more.

HorseLovinLady 11-11-2011 04:19 AM

Welcome!! Please share some pics of your horse with us!

BCtazzie 11-11-2011 10:16 AM

welcome from next door :D

kait18 11-11-2011 11:48 AM

welcome :) would love to see a pic of your horsey friend

Tsaraph 11-11-2011 12:16 PM

Thanks for all the welcomes :) Check out my barn for a photo of the two of us. I don't have many pictures of Sheena yet, but will hopefully get some more soon.

Reiterin 11-12-2011 10:27 PM

welcome to the forum. Is that Sheena in your avatar? She has a pretty face. =)

Tsaraph 11-13-2011 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reiterin (Post 1231401)
welcome to the forum. Is that Sheena in your avatar? She has a pretty face. =)

waresbear 11-13-2011 12:22 AM

Welcome from the Cariboo in BC. Enjoy the forum. Our cold weather has already hit, a few times, melted away only to come back again. Made sure I got a ride in yesterday when the snow took a break. You learn to do that in winter, take advantage of any time it's mild enough to ride. Keep us posted on your efforts to keep involved with your horse during winter.