The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Tack and Equipment Classifieds (http://www.horseforum.com/tack-equipment-classifieds/)
-   -   Tahoe Barefoot Saddle for Sale (http://www.horseforum.com/tack-equipment-classifieds/tahoe-barefoot-saddle-sale-103338/)

mesaside 11-13-2011 10:23 PM

Tahoe Barefoot Saddle for Sale

I have a black size 1 (Western 14-14.5 and English 16-17) Tahoe Barefoot Saddle for sale at a bargain. This saddle is lady friendly at 10-13 pounds and very easy for me to carry, as I'm only 5'2" and about 110 lbs. This is basically the same as going and buying a brand new saddle, as I have only ridden in it two or three times right after I bought it, each time for less than twenty minutes.

My mom has the same saddle and uses it often, and it shows up with an absolutely even sweat pattern every time no matter how long she's ridden in it. It is good for riders who have back problems and joint aches as well, as it seems to cushion and soothe your joints - I had heard this before I bought the saddle and now it has proven itself with my mom, who has frequent back, ankle, knee, and shoulder pain. (Yikes!)

The Nubuck leather that it is made out of helps stick you to the seat and puts you in the perfect spot for your fluidity. The saddle is very supportive. It comes with the medium sized pommel, which has fit my mom's thin withered Half Arabian mare, her wide shouldered Morgan, and my (fairly daintily built) 14.1 hand pony, who I would say her wither size is small but not thin. The treeless design allows the saddle to mold to the horse's back and flex with every movement, not putting any extra pressure on the horse. My mom's Half Arabian always had a hollow back and high head before and with this saddle she rounds her back quite nicely. It is a nice all purpose saddle, and because of the extreme flexibility in it you can jump or trail ride for hours without worrying about it stiffening up or hurting your horse.

Many people have said that this is the only saddle they're happy with switching from bareback to riding with a saddle because it forms to the horse's back so nicely. The only thing I am sorry to say that this saddle did not come with is the positional stirrup leathers.

This is a great saddle but I'm trying to get my hands on a Bareback Pad/Saddle - just a bareback pad with attachable neoprene style stirrups- for the more intimate and even closer feel and for longer trail rides, as, to put it simply, I don't want to hurt my baby's back or my butt.

The saddle comes with the velcro knee inserts (you can add or remove them at will), the medium sized pommel insert, and the stirrups (which I had to buy separately).

I'm offering the saddle pad for $80, which is specialized for the Barefoot Saddles. I bought it because everyone I asked advised me not to use the Theraflex with these saddles, and that it was better to use the pad specifically for the saddle. I believe I originally paid $120, but the pads are now more expensive. I'll have to check what size my girth is, which is a dressage style, as I can't quite seem to remember the size.

To view the specs and things, click here: Barefoot Treeless Saddles from Germany Treeless Saddles

I will start the saddle at $700 and see how it goes from there.

Smiles.

Gidget 11-15-2011 05:56 PM

I just wanted to bump this up for you as I am a total treeless fan. It has helped me tremedously as my horse seems to be hard to fit >.< I suggest barefoot as I own a cheyenne model and love it. So does my horse.

Good luck.

mesaside 11-15-2011 06:08 PM

Thanks Gidget. (:

BryantFarm 01-08-2012 10:26 AM

Is your saddle still for sale? Will you call or email me at BryantFarm@Gmail.com or 240.674.6105 or let me know how to contact you? I live in Maryland - Im guessing you take paypal and will ship? Hopefully!

hisangelonly 01-09-2012 05:02 PM

I have one of these saddles, an I have to say it is BY FAR the BEST saddle I have ever owned. I have a hard to fit high withered arabian, and this saddle has never slipped back. I dont have to use a breast collar. It is super comfy for both horse and rider. No more sore backs :) I cant say enough good things about it.

BryantFarm 01-09-2012 05:52 PM

Glad you like yours and I sure hope I like mine. I just ordered one since I can't find a used one for sale. Thanks for the inspiring words!

hisangelonly 01-09-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryantFarm (Post 1300765)
Glad you like yours and I sure hope I like mine. I just ordered one since I can't find a used one for sale. Thanks for the inspiring words!

you will love it!!!

Saddlebag 08-24-2012 09:38 AM

BryantFarm, how are you enjoying your Barefoot saddle? Pros and cons?

BryantFarm 08-24-2012 10:45 AM

Saddlebag-
Well I had to return it. I just could not get my position right. I never could feel comfortable in it. Always was fighting my position for some reason. There are ways to move the stirrups but that wasnt really the problem. Even if i rode with no stirrups it seemed to tip my pelvis forward. It is really hard to explain.

The quality was much better than I had exPected. The saddle overall was larger than I thought it would be and the leather was tougher than expected. I was thinking it was going to be a soft English leather.