The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Health (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/)
-   -   Rain is colicky, need prayers (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/rain-colicky-need-prayers-103351/)

SarahAnn 11-14-2011 12:09 AM

Rain is colicky, need prayers

My sweet Rainy bug has had a very long day :( She's very colicky, stretching, pawing, rolling. We've been walking her on and off all day. She did poop once, so that's good.

The vet left a while ago and said to let her rest, as she is exhausted. Its hard to tell if she is laying down from discomfort or from exhaustion, so we will see how she is in the morning.

She had some gut sounds and was semi interested in food. So there is quite a bit of hope for her. I worry sick over stuff like this.

Send prayers and positive thoughts and energy her way. I have my sleeping bag ready to go sleep in the barn. I wish I could just bring her in bed with me and snuggle her :( poor girl.
Posted via Mobile Device

mls 11-14-2011 11:30 AM

How is she today?

palominolover 11-14-2011 11:32 AM

My thoughts go out to you. Good luck, and hoping for a nice recovery =)

SarahAnn 11-14-2011 11:57 AM

The vet just left again. She got worse over night and was absolutely miserable by 6 this morning. He tubed her, and all the stuff that comes with it... Said she has some healthy gut sounds still, but no manure at all in her rectum. We're hoping for some poop within 12 hours, fingers crossed everyone! She is now resting off the sedatives in her stall... I will keep you updated as much as I can, but I'm kinda busy ;)
Posted via Mobile Device

Speed Racer 11-14-2011 12:02 PM

Go, tend to your girl. We can wait for updates.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery and poop, lots of poop! :-P

Hunter65 11-14-2011 01:20 PM

Oh dear, I sure hope she gets better. Sending ALL my good vibes your way.

SarahAnn 11-14-2011 01:26 PM

She seems worse since the vet came... I just gave her another dose of banamine and simethecone... She won't stay standing for more then 10 minutes. We may bring her into the hospital so they can monitor her. How do we keep her standing in the trailer? What if she lays down in it? My barn buddy is out with her right now... I needed a break. Ugh. This is the worst thing :(
Posted via Mobile Device

Speed Racer 11-14-2011 01:28 PM

Snub her close in the trailer, so she doesn't have the option of laying down.

SarahAnn 11-14-2011 01:31 PM

Her knees look like they are just buckling under her... What if that happens? I'm a nervous wreck. Freaking out. She hates trailering as it is.
Posted via Mobile Device

mls 11-14-2011 02:09 PM

Call your vet and GO.

No time for this place. Your horse is more important.