The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/)
-   -   My First Riding Lesson (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/my-first-riding-lesson-10336/)

FGRanch 06-19-2008 11:54 AM

My First Riding Lesson

So last night I had my first formal riding lesson. I've been riding all my life, but never had any there (other than my sister) to tell me what I'm doing wrong and what I'm doing right!

I was terrified that she was gonna tell me that I was a wreck and that I should not even be riding. I rode Beau who is still very green, and he did awesome. She made him work harder then he has ever worked...lol.

So she said I have a great seat, good form and great common sense. Yay!

I still have lots to work on though! I'm glad I'm finally doing riding lessons! Tons of fun! :D

Jubilee Rose 06-19-2008 12:08 PM

Tiffanny, thats great!! Congrats!! Lessons are so much fun. :D

kitten_Val 06-19-2008 12:46 PM

Great you liked it! It's ALWAYS helpful when someone else can look from side and give opinion and directions to improve.

FGRanch 06-19-2008 02:02 PM

Thanks guys! I'm looking forward to the lessons getting more and more intense!

We didn't lope yesterday (which I think is where I need the most work, since a move with my upper body and not my hips :oops: ) so I'm sure she will be able to pick me apart more and more as we work together more.

PoptartShop 06-19-2008 02:47 PM

Awesome FGR!! :D Lessons are fun. There's always something new to learn &/or work on! Plus...if you have a good trainer, you'll gain confidence in your riding. :)

My2Geldings 06-19-2008 08:51 PM

Congrats on your first lesson. Even the best riders have someone on the ground to help them fix or correct things in their riding.

Keep us posted on your progress :D

FGRanch 06-20-2008 12:45 AM

Thanks guys! M2G I'll be sure to keep everyone updated!

Dumas'_Grrrl 06-20-2008 01:08 PM

Not only good for you for having a great lesson...but HOORAY for a veteran rider to realize that you can get better! What a great example you have set for everyone here! :D