The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Making money with surveys (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/making-money-surveys-103434/)

Hidalgo13 11-14-2011 07:45 PM

Making money with surveys

Now I know it sounds a little silly, but I was thinking of signing up to one of those survey websites where for each survey you complete, you earn a bit of $$ (they send you a cheque by mail). It's a little tight for me and my lessons, and I've already done my possible to earn extra money. But... ok, let's just say I;m a bit hopeful and skeptical at the same time. They say they keep your personal information (like address) confidential, and I've googled to see if these websites are scams, but they seem legit and a lot of people seem to be doing it. There are a bunch of people that even post pictures of the cheques they receive.

Now I know that just because a lot of people do it, it doesn't necessarily mean it's good, so before I suggest this idea to my mom, I want to know what you guys think. Be blunt, say what you honestly think. The thing bothering me about this, is that it seems too good to be true. There has to be some catch down the line... but then maybe not... so ya. Comments?

jinxremoving 11-14-2011 08:03 PM

Waste of time. I know people who've done it and made literally a few dollars despite spending hours filling out endless surveys. Those people posting cheques are actors, without a doubt.

Google "paid surveys for money scam" with the quotes. There are some legitimate paid survey companies, but like I said you'd be making pennies and it's just not worth it. Not to mention a lot of those companies will probably sell your info, so your junk mail and spam will increase.

Spyder 11-14-2011 08:19 PM

Some are good some are bad.

Some are legit some are scams.