The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Gaited Horses (http://www.horseforum.com/gaited-horses/)
-   -   TWH parked out for vet (http://www.horseforum.com/gaited-horses/twh-parked-out-vet-103564/)

Diegosmom 11-16-2011 08:15 AM

TWH parked out for vet

2 Attachment(s)
Ok so i have only had him since april and this is our first real vet appointment where the vet has come out to do shots and coggins. As soon as Mister saw the vet coming down the hill he parked out. I thought it was funny that he did that just cause put he stayed parked out the whole time. It was cracking me up. Someone did an awesome job training this horse. But i just thought yall would like to see. It was funny. the vet got a total kick out of it.He made a comment to Mister"cant you just stop moving for a sec"...lol

Diegosmom 11-16-2011 08:16 AM

hobbyhorse 11-16-2011 08:24 AM

All I can say is WOW!

Did the vet him a lolly pop afterwards cause Mister was such a gooooooooooood boy:)

Diegosmom 11-16-2011 08:37 AM

He was .I was a proud horse owner for sure

Heelsdown 12-18-2011 01:56 AM

What a sweet boy! Did someone teach him to do that or did he just do it on his own?

Diegosmom 12-18-2011 08:40 AM

I'm not sure. He was trained tovoark but I didn't know he was trained to do it for the vet. As soon as he started down to the barn he started parking so I'm guessing try did train him to do it. I love it
Posted via Mobile Device

Country Woman 12-18-2011 10:22 PM

that is a nice park

kywalkers2012 12-20-2011 04:47 PM

I just have to comment that it's not a nice park. It wouldn't even place you in the show ring. Not to sound mean or anything, I just hate it when people are claiming what a nice park is on something that is clearly not a nice park. For it to have been a nice park, the horse's front legs wouldn't have been out in front like that. Also, his head would have been held higher and he would have been more alert. I will say though, that he was probably trained to do this because he probably had a bad habit of moving around when the vet came before and his previous owners probably trained him to do that.

Diegosmom 12-20-2011 05:08 PM

He parks better. Just was posting because it was a park for the vet without asking. I don't think the vet cates if it's correct
Posted via Mobile Device

kywalkers2012 12-20-2011 05:31 PM

I know. I, too, thought that it was pretty funny. I would have been so shocked/ surprised to see my horse that I had recently got just randomly do that. It's amazing at what horses remember and what they don't.