The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (
-   English Riding (/english-riding/)
-   -   Tell me what kind of saddle this is (

mselizabeth 11-17-2011 08:23 AM

Tell me what kind of saddle this is
I found it at a consignment sale. I origionally thought it was an all purpose.. but now it looks more like a dressage. Help?

Gilly 11-17-2011 08:44 AM

Looks like a dressage saddle to me :)

Simple breakdown of different (English) saddle types:

An all-purpose saddle would have a forward flap and knee rolls, whereas dressage have a straight flap. It *looks* fairly straight from that angle but it's a little difficult for me to tell.

Speed Racer 11-17-2011 09:12 AM

It's hard to tell with just the one picture, although with no forward flap I'm thinking dressage. Is it synthetic?

Allison Finch 11-17-2011 09:47 AM

It would be helpful to have a photo of the saddle in a proper position, not sideways. Take several photos from different angles and we could tell you for sure. Take photo of makers plat, under button, too.

All purpose saddles come in two styles. Some have a more jumping tendency with more forward flaps, some have a more dressage tendency with less forward flaps. Not all all purpose saddles look the same, flapwise.

DuffyDuck 11-17-2011 03:41 PM

It looks like one of those funny saddles you can get which are GP, but more geared towards dressage or sometimes jumping.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome