The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

My Freestyle Test... **Need Feedback!!**

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  travlingypsy 
#1 ·
Well, photobucket wont upload the video that i made so here are the stills:

I would REALLY appreciate and feedback you may have :)

The test is min 4 mins and maximum 5, any music suggestions would also be appreciated! Here are the criteria for the test:

-halt at beginning and end
-free walk on long rein
-medium walk L&R
-working trot L&R inc 15m circle
-some lengthened trot strides
-working canter L&R inc 20m circle
-direct halt to trot transition
-direct walk to canter transition

:D Thanks for your help! :D

See less See more
#2 ·
What is the test for? Is it for fun? or an actual test? What level is this supposed to be?

From what you posted it seems like a simple straight forward test. For music all I recommend is to stay away from Pirates of the Caribbean. Sick of seeing and hearing about Kurs and Freestyles that are being put together with those songs as themes.

Anything with some good rhythms and beats will always work in your favor as long as you have a horse that can keep up with it.

Do you have access to your local regulations? I'm sure that will quickly define what it is you can and can't do as far as music choices go.

#4 ·
Miss Katie said:
It seems ok. The ony thing I dont like is cantering across the diagonal and then having a quick trot to change leads. Id trot that diagonal. But if thats what you want thats ok.
Yeah I thouht that too :) I will trot accross then :P

M2G- Its an actual test I have made up, it is at anglesey show (but its unaffiliated)

What does anyone think of the Lion King music?

#5 ·
ha ha i think teh lion king would be AWESOME!! in australia we have freestlye tests and dress up, do you have that?? coz if you did that would be so cool!!

#8 ·
Ok so here is a rough idea of my test, I literally just went from the road into the arena (moo hates that arena! :lol: ) so I know my riding isn't that great and moo was looking around a bit so wasn't bent the right way a couple of times. (when I walk watch her looking at the camera like :) then me being like *cough -misty* then she is like 'oh yeah, concentrate :P ) Oh, and when she broke into canter, is where extended trot WILL be :oops:

http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/ee105/mooeybaba/?action=view&current=Movie.flv

Thanks guys!

#10 ·
Moxie said:
lol I think the person singing in the vid should sing the music for your performance! :lol:

I know NOTHING about dressage, but I hope to one day. Over all it looks pretty good.
Thanks, lol! :lol: thats my sister :P i forgot to mention, turn off the volume :lol: :wink:

#11 ·
You have a really pritty horse! It would be really cool to see your test with music! Lol me and my cousin were coming back from the mountains (moving trip) and we blasted the loin king sound track... good ol times its kinda sad that we know every single word to all the songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.