The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   OTTB critique :) (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/ottb-critique-103880/)

sehrlieb 11-19-2011 04:44 PM

OTTB critique :)

Finger Lakes Finest Thoroughbreds - New Price! River Mountain Road, 11 yo, 16.1 chst g

I'm always on the look out for a nice thoroughbred off the rack and something about this guy speaks to me. What do you guys think, a diamond in the rough? Or too old?

Finger Lakes Finest Thoroughbreds - Gilt Edged 16.1, bay, 4y.o. G

Also, this guy has a very sweet face and nice look about him. I like his top line better and he seems nice to handle in his video.

any glaring faults I might be missing? Neither are perfect but I'm not looking for anything much more than a pleasure horse with local showing.

As for potential disciplines, I'm one for letting the horse choose, but something
in the English realm preferably hunters, jumpers or event.

Sorry I can't just post the photos, I'm using my iPad. Here's the link the board they're posted on, there are plenty on there at the moment!

Finger Lakes Finest Thoroughbreds - Finger Lakes Finest Thoroughbreds

TexasBlaze 11-19-2011 05:03 PM

I like the second one a ton better! He had nicer conformation and he is more pleasing to the eye, not to mention he is younger. I am worried about the "retiring early" thing though. There is usually a reason they are retired early.

hisangelonly 11-19-2011 06:02 PM

the first one sounds like a sweetheart! but i think you should go with the second one. He is younger, fit, and has better conformation. but ride both and that will be the ultimate decision maker

ladybugsgirl 11-19-2011 06:08 PM

wish i could buy one :(

hisangelonly 11-19-2011 06:11 PM

i know he is soooooo pretty lol

Golden Horse 11-19-2011 06:35 PM

I would keep looking, number 2 looks very straight through his hocks and his pasterns look to long to me.

The first guy looks long through his back and weak in his loins

sehrlieb 11-19-2011 06:35 PM

Or... :)

Finger Lakes Finest Thoroughbreds - Seven Firsts, 4 y.o., 16.1, chst. gelding

I just want them all!

Golden Horse 11-19-2011 06:43 PM

I'm not looking any more I found one that I want as well

equiniphile 11-19-2011 09:25 PM

My mare raced at Finger Lakes! Hmm, of those two, I like the second best, but not the back legs.

MoodIndigo 11-19-2011 10:04 PM

Wow... the farrier's work at Finger Lakes is a train wreck! :(

I like the second horse best out of the three. By far!