The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   Duffy- the camelhorse! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/duffy-camelhorse-103953/)

DuffyDuck 11-20-2011 10:18 AM

Duffy- the camelhorse!

1 Attachment(s)
Okay -breathes- Do you worst guys -puts hands over eyes-

I have a comparison one, from June, I can put that up too as she's put on loads more condition!

And I didn't brush her... and she's just had a hooly in the round pen.. lazy owner ;D

DuffyDuck 11-20-2011 10:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And this is the four week point, my 5'2 mum has hold of her, you get to appreciate the height haha!

tempest 11-20-2011 11:11 AM

I'm not adept enough to critique quite yet, but holy tall horse! How tall is she?

DuffyDuck 11-20-2011 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tempest (Post 1239045)
I'm not adept enough to critique quite yet, but holy tall horse! How tall is she?

Me either ;D I'm never going to be the best dressage rider or jumper, and she just clicked... she isn't brilliant confirmation wise, but you'd have a hard time finding one :) But her nature is brilliant!

She is, we think, 18.1hh minimum!!

Golden Horse 11-20-2011 11:41 AM

What do I see, well personally:

A very strong looking head, some may call it clunky, but I like, it, and she has a nice look about her

A little thick through the throat lash and her neck looks just a little short to me, leading into big withers, which is either a bonus in that you are unlikely to get saddle slip, but at the same time can make saddle fitting a problem.

I like her shoulder, nice front legs but maybe just a tad upright through her pasterns.

She looks nice and short through the back, and has good girth, but her strong front end is not balanced by a good backside!, to me she just kind of runs away through her loin and butt, down through very straight back legs, but her pastern angles look a little better than the fronts.

Overall nice looking girl, and certainly BIG:shock::wink:

DuffyDuck 11-20-2011 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golden Horse (Post 1239068)
What do I see, well personally:

A very strong looking head, some may call it clunky, but I like, it, and she has a nice look about her

A little thick through the throat lash and her neck looks just a little short to me, leading into big withers, which is either a bonus in that you are unlikely to get saddle slip, but at the same time can make saddle fitting a problem.

I like her shoulder, nice front legs but maybe just a tad upright through her pasterns.

She looks nice and short through the back, and has good girth, but her strong front end is not balanced by a good backside!, to me she just kind of runs away through her loin and butt, down through very straight back legs, but her pastern angles look a little better than the fronts.

Overall nice looking girl, and certainly BIG:shock::wink:

She has a MAHOOSIVE head. Out here at the moment when you look for a horse you get 'modern' warmbloods which are these dainty things that look soo cute, but think would blow away in a storm. She's 'Alt' the old style, thicker set, hence big head. This is one of the things I chose he for!

Neck is a little short, and I'll get a better picture to show you GH, when I bought her, neck was upside down, all the muscle underneath and was solid like a rock! She's starting to get better topline, but because of the condition I bought her in (homepage ;D) she's still got a long way to go with her bum. My trainer did say she didn't work her behind properly, and was already over tracking by 15cm in a walk, she's having to learn her bum can be used to work, its not a dirty word haha, and we're getting there.. 5 months I've had her, and she's been working properly, I'd say, for about 3.

Pastern angles... is this going to be a big problem??

Thanks!

Spyder 11-20-2011 03:04 PM

Very typical of the "OLD" lines.

Sire is ?

DuffyDuck 11-20-2011 03:15 PM

Donnerbube from Donnerhall Spyder :)
She has very, very typical old lines, her greatgrandsires on her mother's side are Paradox/Fruhlingsball and they are particularly thick set ;D

Glad I'm not going crazy.. there are old lines and modern lines!

Dame Nuit 11-20-2011 03:35 PM

what breed is your horse? it remembers me our tall "Selle Francais" for sport (jumping, dressage)

DuffyDuck 11-20-2011 03:50 PM

Westfalen, she has Oldengerg and Hanno lines in her fathers side.