The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Charmayne James saddle pad (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/charmayne-james-saddle-pad-104003/)

Gidget 11-20-2011 09:18 PM

Charmayne James saddle pad

I just won a charmayne james saddle pad on ebay! I scored it for $47 =D Anyways the thing is I know they are thinner. It's in red and I was wanting to put a purple cover over the red to match my colors..can you sew it on them or are they filled with air? I don't want to ruin it.

Gidget 11-20-2011 10:01 PM

ehhh scratch this..i cancelled on it..i know it was rude of me but i just found a lot of bad reviews O.O

bubba13 11-21-2011 05:03 PM

On the person or the pad? It's a good pad. I wouldn't sew to it--I'd just drape over the top.

Gidget 11-21-2011 08:06 PM

I decided against it. I read the the saddle tends to slide a lot and I don't want that. I have fully decided on getting a Connie Combs saddle pad. They have shims and inserts where you can adjust it where the pressutre points are =D My horse is very sensitive to most saddle near her shoulders so I always try and make sure I get a good pad.

Golden Horse 11-21-2011 08:16 PM

How did you cancel a winning bid because you saw bad reviews. I thought you had to do all your checking BEFORE you bid, once you win you pay

bubba13 11-21-2011 08:17 PM

My saddle has never slipped, and I have a pair of them.
I also think that saddle pads with removeable inserts can be a bad idea, because it's difficult to get the fit just right without bulges, and that creates even more of a problem.

Gidget 11-21-2011 08:34 PM

GH, I wrote the lady and she let me cancel it because I was unaware of how thick the saddle pad is.
In the past I had an ESP saddle pad and I currently have a saddle pad(HAF) with shims for my treeless and she has always done well with them. I would currently use my treeless but it's too thick and needs to be a tiny bit longer for my saddle.